Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these $20 blue coated bulbs (the ones which last you for a about a month), installed it on the regular beam. When it was time to replace them , I simply re-installed the original factory stock H1 bulbs...But now only the driver side is operating at normal brightness. The passenger side bulb is only outputting a little flicker. I know it's not the bulb since I already interchanged them a few times with the same results.

Here's my question...is it possible the $20 knock off bulbs messed up the electrical system on how it distributes the power...but they're just bulbs right and can't really do much damage?? Anyone experienced the same??? HELP, I'm so worried this is what could have happened!! My car is only 6 months old. :nervous:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
easiest thing to do is just to take it to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty if you have your stock bulbs back it.

in the mean time check to make sure all the plugs are secure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The guy that owns the acura dealer lives down the street from me and I asked him and he said that the service department has had to replace quite a few of the lighting systems due to either them melting something, or shorting something because of cheap bulbs. He said that they have only covered about 5% under warranty and the rest the owners have had to pay for! Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
You guys should learn to take responsibility for your mistakes, why do you always insist on having dealerships pay for your mistakes?? It's not even the dealership that has to pay, it's the mechanic doing the warranty work for you. :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sousuke said:
You guys should learn to take responsibility for your mistakes, why do you always insist on having dealerships pay for your mistakes?? It's not even the dealership that has to pay, it's the mechanic doing the warranty work for you. :p

doesn't the dealership pay the mechanic?...by the hour at that, right?...which in turn provides food for his family right? :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts