Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have always had a Honda or Acura. Currently I have an Acura RSX-S 2002. It's got about 125,000 miles on it. This is the first car I've had that does not have a timing belt but a chain instead. I've had an ongoing problem with this car for about the past 6-8 months and it's still not resolved.

About 2 years ago I had the clutch replaced because someone i let drive it one night burnt it out. It was driving fine until about 6 months later, when I kept getting codes for my carborator to be replaced, so I had a guy replace it (not an OEM part) and weld it on. Every since then it has not sounded as quiet as it normally is. The guy told me to have a decarbonization or i'd have to get another carborator. Well i never did, money has been really scarce. Later I started noticing rattling at acceleration and took it by a muffler shop who said a bolt had come lose under my header manifold, so he secured welded it on. Car sounds fine now, but it is still not running smooth. When I crank it some morning, it stutters in 1st-3rd and i floor it to keep it from stuttering, or coast in neutral until i need to accel. But once it gets going, it seems to be fine.

About 3 months prior I started having problems which sounded like my headers making noise and came to found out my engine had hardly any oil. Super bad. Not sure if the last person that did my oil change didn't fill it up all the way or i'm leaking oil. There is no oil where it's parked, and there is no black residue in the air filter... I replaced the air filter before that and my Dad forgot to put the hose back to the engine when replacing it, but I found that out and immediately put it back on. I have changed the oil and oil pan since then, and am still having the stuttering.

I don't where to begin- is this transmission, an exhaust problem? I plan on replacing the spark plug, although it's got a new battery about 9 months ago, but I don't see how spark plugs could make that much of a problem. Any help?

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,226 Posts
if those are the original plugs they are past due being changed out. get new OEM plugs and see the difference. if they aren't the originals you can still remove them and check their condition.

and by carborator do you mean catalytic converter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts