Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It began with a funny high pitched whining noise and the idle gets really low, sometimes stalls out, when I push clutch in and noise stops when I let clutch out. Shortly after I noticed squealing sound, like a belt or something. This noise only happened when first starting engine then the first couple turns off the wheel. Then it would go away.
Next the gears just locked up on me.
I don't have much money to get it fixed and no tools since it happened while I was traveling through little rock. How much should I expect a mechanic to charge me? I'm a woman who could be taken e of in big city! Any input would be valued.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am most certain this is either the throw-out bearing or clutch issue. either way you would have to take out the transmission to see what is going on. a more experience mechanic might be able to diagnose it better since they can actually see what their dealing with. As far as pricing your looking at $200-$300 in labor and parts depends what you get, would most likely recommend oem which would be around $200. Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts