Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to black out my housing, but i couldnt get the head lamps to come apart, i fucking baked it for like 40 minutes at 200 degrees, and used a heat gun and they still didnt come apart. if one one did this before, please help

thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harut82 said:
how long was it in ther @225? Maybe your ovens thermomiter is not functioning correctly try a different oven
i have two ovens, and they are only a year old, and i am positive they are working correctly, i baked it for 20 minutes on 220

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Harut82 said:
how long was it in ther @225? Maybe your ovens thermomiter is not functioning correctly try a different oven

anyways thanks for ur help, or suggestions, just gonna put them back and buy jdm type-r ones

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
hmm i really got get going on this project.. so lazy

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
dude it happened to me too.. but you MUST put them in and after you take them out, use a knife, and cut around the lamp go deep so you cut the sealant, and then pull hard starting at the corner going towards the big end.. it does come off, i just did mine and they did come out easily ;) but if you gut the couple hundreds for the jdm type r ones.. go for it, your call :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
after heating up the modules, if they're just warm.. and you can
easily handle them with your hands/fingers..they are NOT ready
to be pryed apart. Make sure they're so hot that you can't
bear to keep your fingers on them for too long. check out my guide
in my sig.

good luck... and save your money!.. do the DIY!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Acura604 said:
in my sig.

i used your guide :cool: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Acura604 said:
in my sig.

guess i just have to bake them longer, gonna try next week again i used ur guide too, also i broke one of the black clips holding the bumber on, was wondering if acura sold them

·
2 Shea
3,465 Posts
i had the same problem on my first headlight, just pulled like hell and it finally came out.
my second headlight came out so easily. i think this was becasue i waited too long on the first headlight and the saelant started to cool.

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
They are a pain. I preheated my oven at 200 before sticking them in. Then I only left them in for like 15 minutes. Paranoid about warping something. Anyway, pryed for a little while and then put them back in for another 5 minutes and then pryed some more. Kept doing that routine until they popped off. I used like a flat metal spayed looking tool for like mixing paint or spackling walls. It's flat and it's like 3 or 4 inches wide so it's less likely to see pry marks when using regular flat head screwdrivers or something like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts