Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well right now I only got a SRI and exhaust, but im getting a RH as soon as I can figure out which ecu to get. I was set on getting hondata 4 but then there was all this talk about running lean with that and a RH, plus the CEL
I also plan on gettin cams and valve springs later on, so thats pretty much like the toda package, but I cant afford all that at once, so which ecu should i get now that will not make me run lean with a RH but also still work good with cams and valve springs, is the ecu from the toda package even tuned for cams and springs or just for a wider vtec band and a RH, sorry for the long post but im all confused? all of yur imput on ECUs and what their tuned for will be greatly appreciated, thanx

·
Registered
134 Posts
VTECdTypS said:
well right now I only got a SRI and exhaust, but im getting a RH as soon as I can figure out which ecu to get. I was set on getting hondata 4 but then there was all this talk about running lean with that and a RH, plus the CEL
I also plan on gettin cams and valve springs later on, so thats pretty much like the toda package, but I cant afford all that at once, so which ecu should i get now that will not make me run lean with a RH but also still work good with cams and valve springs, is the ecu from the toda package even tuned for cams and springs or just for a wider vtec band and a RH, sorry for the long post but im all confused? all of yur imput on ECUs and what their tuned for will be greatly appreciated, thanx
For longterm, your best bet is hondata programable. Once you buy that you can bolt on whatever you want on your car, and tune it.

If you stop with intake and RH then i say get flash#4, and the carsound cat to be legal and without CEL.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
He is dead on, the K-Pro will be a better option for the long run. If you never use it to its max that would be a waste, but I think that most people will in the long run!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts