Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, today I tried to install a killswitch via the black/yellow wire under the backseat. The install went fine, I soldered everything, used a SPST switch, added an inline fuse for safety but I'm having a major issue.

The killswitch when turned off only effects the fuel gauge. On the off position the gauge reads empty but there is still fuel getting to the engine. I think I may have spliced into the fuel gauge wire not the fuel pump wire. I'm not sure though. Car drives fine with the switch on or off. Just with it off the fuel reads empty. With it on the gauge reads normal.

Is the fuel pump wire under the backseat yellow/blue? There are 2 of those colors. One small 20 gauge yellow/blue wire and one 12 gauge yellow/blue wire. My guess is that the fuel pump goes to the larger 12 gauge wire. Just a hunch though.

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP for a quick wire gauge answer. Thanks!

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,233 Posts
or you could just remove one plug from the pump at a time, turn the key to II without starting the engine and see if the pump primes. it's A or B.

·
iVTEC4LIFE
2006 RSX Type-S
502 Posts
You shoulda gone from the relay under the glove box.....

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Rensoyka- Thanks that's my last resort. I'm looking to see if anyone knows off hand so I don't have to take off all the tape loom to get to the plug.
@rsx257- I didn't want a switch upfront, have to run wire under the carpet or have a somewhat more noticeable location of a splice. But you're right, I wouldn't have had an issue if I just followed the standard DIY.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fixed my problem. For all those trying to do a killswitch in the back it's the larger 16 gauge yellow with blue stripe wire that goes to the fuel pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts