Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have been searching around and i couldn't find the answer, my question is do i need the X CLIPS for the HID light bulds to fit in the projector light? and i am using a regular H3 light bulds for the projector right now. im thinking to get a HID conversion kit cuz i have to change the light build every 1 or 2weeks.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
i have been searching around and i couldn't find the answer, my question is do i need the X CLIPS for the HID light bulds to fit in the projector light? and i am using a regular H3 light bulds for the projector right now. im thinking to get a HID conversion kit cuz i have to change the light build every 1 or 2weeks.
No xclips needed for those, but you do want to use just any H3 HID kit in those projectors as it will result in a too narrow beam pattern. We offer special bulbs for those specifically

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i installed the HID kit on those projector light, they all work fine, but it seem the left side projector is brighter than the right side. anyone know why?

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
It could be many things ranging from the quality of the projector or lens to the bulb placement in the projector reflector bowl......that is where I would start first. Make sure the bulb is seated correctly.

The lenses in those things can be scetchy.....I've even gotten new ones that have had dust or some crap all over the insides of the lenses.....

www.retro-solutions.com sells a kit specifically for that type of application. From what I know it is the best possible solution for a plug and play kit for the halo projectors that take the h3 bulb.
D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is the pic, the left side brighter than right side. and i know that the left side is higher than the right side, ill adjust that later.

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
looks like the bulb is not seated correctly...... that would be where I would start judging from the picture

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.