Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just purchased a 2006 Acura Rsx Type S and I've noticed on DC5R parts selling a Honda Key which is able to be programmed on the Acura RSX. Can anybody help me with information on how to do this? or what FCC ID from Honda is compatible to the Acura. I'm looking to do this myself without paying $200 for a key. I did find a DIY here but that contains cutting a key open to transfer the FOB. I would like to keep the Acura key as a back up and have a Honda one programmed to the Acura

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Take the key to a locksmith that can both cut and match to your immobilizer. I pay about $90 at my guy.
There’s several threads on here regarding using a jdm Honda key, the tl flip key, etc. just search for them. There’s also instructions to program the key to the security system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take the key to a locksmith that can both cut and match to your immobilizer. I pay about $90 at my guy.
There’s several threads on here regarding using a jdm Honda key, the tl flip key, etc. just search for them. There’s also instructions to program the key to the security system.

After researching the forum i did find some thank you four your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts