Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be cheaper to replace the roof or fix the dent of my roof. Long story short, my upper tie bar is a mess and the hood latch began to break of it. The hood still closed but my guess is the last time I closed it, it didn't go all the way judging by how bent the tie bar was where the hood latch connects. My hood opened, smashed the windshield, dented the roof, and the hood is fucked to the joints. I want to fix the roof first because I can't put a new windshield on with it being dented.

Here are some pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qvvclhirxqdvc0e/AACqgVaa0d7WVFwbcfd-K89Xa?dl=0

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
I don't think you can replace it.

Only thing is to get it pdr'd I believe.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
It's a really hard piece to fix.

I've got a dent by my sunroof and I had to say fuck it and ignore it for life.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
The reason it costs so much is because you need to find a new roof panel, maybe from a totaled car. Then you drill the spot welds along the pillars, or cut the whole thing off. And weld the new roof piece in. Making sure it fits the correct dimensions and everything or else glass wont seal and interior parts wont fit right.

You might be able to remove the headliner and some how work the dent out with a hammer and block of wood. Maybe cut a 4x4 to a curved shape and have someone hold it on the outside and hammer the roof out to be smoother then finish the work with some bondo fill and smooth it all out. Repaint and reinstall everything...?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rood damage

Same exact thing happened to me, I ended up buying a Type R roof cap and removing sunroof ect. Super expensive but fixing the dents just didn't work out. Due to the shape where MY damage was it just couldn't be fixed. Best of luck to you on the repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would it be cheaper to replace the roof or fix the dent of my roof. Long story short, my upper tie bar is a mess and the hood latch began to break of it. The hood still closed but my guess is the last time I closed it, it didn't go all the way judging by how bent the tie bar was where the hood latch connects. My hood opened, smashed the windshield, dented the roof, and the hood is fucked to the joints. I want to fix the roof first because I can't put a new windshield on with it being dented.

Here are some pics: RSX damage

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Did you by chance ever figure this out? Currently dealing with the same problem. My hood flew open going about 60 and smashed in my windshield and left a huge dent between the moonroof and windshield. ;-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.