Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
K24TSX SON!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help. While lowering my car i busted one of my tie road boot. I went to discount auto parts and they dont have them napa either i called Acura dealer and they told me that i had to buy the hole tie road.so does ne body know who sell them or do i have to get new ones??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
135 Posts
i ripped my boot and ordered the part from the acura dealer and filled it up with grease myself. There definitely is no need to buy the whole tie rod. The boot costs like $10. The part number is 52362-S30-003 . Go to acuraautomotiveparts.org and search for this:

Under P.S. GEAR BOX (HPS)
Product No. 36133
BOOT (Tie rod end boot) - $9.27 + shipping

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
New tie rod end for me at the dealer was $50 installed.

·
Dirtboydel
1,876 Posts
damn my dealer sucked.. I had to pay 50$ and then they wanted to charge me 70$ to put it on.. and then 80$ for an alignment.. I took my part put it on in about 15 min and then got a good shop to aling my car.. then traded for a type S 1 month later....

·
K24TSX SON!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya my dealer wanted to chrge me 52 plus 60 fo the install they sucked but thanks alot i order the boot today hopefully they will be here soon so i can aling my car

·
Dirtboydel
1,876 Posts
rsX type-Sexie said:
humm how would u kno if ur tie rod is messed up?
would there be a poping sound every time u turn n.or hit a bump?
most of us noob's busted our boots when we lowered our cars.. when you take the tie rod end off its a real bitch and most people don't have the patience.. like me.. soo I beet the thing with a hammer till it was no longer usable.. but I got it off and the car looked soo much better after :laughing:

·
Just JBWeld it Bro!
1,426 Posts
dboyzalter said:
most of us noob's busted our boots when we lowered our cars.. when you take the tie rod end off its a real bitch and most people don't have the patience.. like me.. soo I beet the thing with a hammer till it was no longer usable.. but I got it off and the car looked soo much better after :laughing:
:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

·
m0o0o0o000?
7,354 Posts
shift into reverse. turn steering wheel all the way one way.. then reverse slowly .. i forget which way is which, but its supposed to clunk on one side if its worn when the wheel is turned a certain way.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
I would hear a clunk when I would turn the wheel under 5mph.

If it's real bad, you might see some grease coming out of the little boot.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
J_r_D_s_M_x said:
i ripped my boot and ordered the part from the acura dealer and filled it up with grease myself. There definitely is no need to buy the whole tie rod. The boot costs like $10. The part number is 52362-S30-003 . Go to acuraautomotiveparts.org and search for this:

Under P.S. GEAR BOX (HPS)
Product No. 36133
BOOT (Tie rod end boot) - $9.27 + shipping

Even better, get the corresponding boot from the Civic Si at a Honda dealer. They cost under 2 bucks each.

·
Banned
265 Posts
how do you rip the boot when you lower the car?
so if i replace the boot, the clunk sound should go away right?
by not replacing the boot and the clunk sound there, will it hurt my suspension?

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
rac3rsx said:
how do you rip the boot when you lower the car?
so if i replace the boot, the clunk sound should go away right?
by not replacing the boot and the clunk sound there, will it hurt my suspension?
1. The tie rod end ball joints must be popped off the strut assembly when you swap the springs, shocks, or full coilovers. They are commonly ripped when this is done.

2. If you hear a popping sound when turning, you likely have a ripped CV boot. This is different than the tie rod end boots discussed above. If you replace a damaged CV boot and still hear noises, then you have a damaged CV joint. If this is the case, you must either rebuild the CV joint or replace the whole driveshaft.

3. If you have a damaged CV boot and do not replace it, dirt will get inside the CV joint and destroy it. This is a very expensive and dangerous failure. If you replace the boot before damage can be done to the joint, you'll save a lot of money and possibly your life. I've seen neglected CV joints snap in half before.

Do yourself a favor and check your boots. I recommend doing this every 10,000 miles anyway.

·
you will bow to me
3,938 Posts
I have had my front struts off 3 times already, never busted a boot. Using a 4lb mallet is the best way to do it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
b9ev said:
I have had my front struts off 3 times already, never busted a boot. Using a 4lb mallet is the best way to do it. :thumbsup:
I still prefer the fork. :p

New boot costs 2 bucks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
humm if someone has the time to take a picture of the cv joint/boot it would be greatly appreciated and wat r some visible indications of the cv joint/boot is ruined..(sorry im not to sure where it is)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts