Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
sweet
375 Posts
i busted the boot also a year ago while installing coilover, but I never bother changing it or fix it, till now I still never notice any problem or noise happening. I am wondering what exactly will or should go wrong?

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
If you rip the boot grease leaks out. When all the grease is gone, you will get some noises when turning. The boot also prevents dirt and road salt from getting in the mechanism. If you don't change the boot, you may have to get a new tierod end.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thanks guys!!...Im just trying to pinpoint a noise...I read alot about the boots but nobody really said that theyre torn boots made noise...Im wonderin if its the boots or if the hats are not seated on the spring correctly....If it was the hats it would have made noise from the get go right?????????

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
SHOGUNN said:
Thanks guys!!...Im just trying to pinpoint a noise...I read alot about the boots but nobody really said that theyre torn boots made noise...Im wonderin if its the boots or if the hats are not seated on the spring correctly....If it was the hats it would have made noise from the get go right?????????
No necessarily. When I reseated a Mugen SS with 05 seats they didn't make noises until a couple days later. If the weren't seated properly, you would get noises when turning like a rubbery cruching sound, not so much going over bumps (at least I didn't).

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
IH8Domestics said:
No necessarily. When I reseated a Mugen SS with 05 seats they didn't make noises until a couple days later. If the weren't seated properly, you would get noises when turning like a rubbery cruching sound, not so much going over bumps (at least I didn't).
damn man...thanks!!!...thats kinda what it sounds like....when you reseated them, you just took them back apart and seated them correctly???...

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
SHOGUNN said:
damn man...thanks!!!...thats kinda what it sounds like....when you reseated them, you just took them back apart and seated them correctly???...
No, I sold them cuz the spring seats for the 05 are different. It's a bitch cuz you have to take out the whole assembly and align them. I did reseat my stock ones and aligned them properly and didn't get any noises.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1.89$ each at honda=same as 10$ one from acura.. buy a boot for a 2001 civic... same thing... i bought 2 for 4.05 including tax.. ;-)

riley
How did you determine the 2001 Civic has the same boot? I've been trying to cross-reference the Acura part number to the Honda part number but have not been able to do so.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts