Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have looked around and cant find how to install the Type R replica lip and the ones i do dont have pics anyone have a link to a thread or site that would help me

thanks

rep for anyone who helps me:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where did you get yours from? and also thats enough to hold it all on do you have pics of the install or did you just space the screw out evenly also did you have to cut the back bumper or bring down your exhaust or did it fit perfect

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
Carbon Creations. Fitment wasn't the greatest, but I wanted to match the weave along with the rest of the kit. I used the screw holes from the mudflaps so I didn't have to drill the bumper. The kit didn't have holes, so I had to drill holes in the lip itself. I dropped the muffler off the hanger when I installed the kit. As you can see I made a heat shield so it would help prevent melting issues. I did not have to do anything to the stock bumper and I've had the rears on for a while. I've had to pull it off to put new, stronger double sided tape and it was tough to pull off. 3M double side FTW...

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
i jsut put one on today actually... mine came with brackets that hold it to the bumper from underneath and then i have 2 screws holding it on the sides by the tires, i did t perminitly mount it, but i put all the brackets on and shit so itll be nice and easy to install when i get it painted... if you want pics of what im talking about just let me know, ill post some

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
pics: alright so here are the brackets i used... i have 2 on the rear...
[/IMG]
this is whe the entire bracket looks like from the underside...
[/IMG]
and the screw holes in the rear bumber to secure the sides, i just used self tapping screws
[/IMG]
hope this helps

·
Registered
547 Posts
i did it the exact same way rpm6100 did, except mine came with 4 brackets. so i just spaced out 4 along the bottom and 4 self tapping on the sides with double sided tape. not really a good picture, but you can kinda see the heads of the screws.

this method of installing is so much better than drilling into the face of the bumper. so now i can take off my lip w/o worry about finding a new bumper

·
Registered
547 Posts
they actually came with my kit, but im sure the measurements will vary depending on how you mount it. so you should really measure how low the lip hangs from the bumper and then decide on the measurements of the bracket.

·
Suzuka Blue AP2
739 Posts
if you bought a fiberglass rear lip, be forwarned that they don't fit the greatest. i know with mine, we left it in the paint booth with the heat cranked and basically molded it to my bumper. then alittle double sided tape and two screws on the side (if you have mud flaps the holes should line it, if not you'll see two indents in the bumper which should line up). no drill is required if you have selftapping screws

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.