Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just lost my keys over the weekend and wanted to know where i can get a OEM Acura key and remote, without paying dealership prices??

I know that Ebay has the remotes, but what about the keys? and is there anywhere else other than Ebay?

Thanks for your help!

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
You should have 2 more spare keys. I would be more worried if the person who found your keys doesn't steal your car... :noes:

·
Registered
318 Posts
You should have 2 more spare keys. I would be more worried if the person who found your keys doesn't steal your car... :noes:
wow that would suck sooooooo bad dude :thumbsdow

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try your spare key.
It's not the same. You wont be able to activate your stock security system but you'll be able to lock and unlock manually with your key.

you should just save up your pennies and get a new remote.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
Try your spare key.
It's not the same. You wont be able to activate your stock security system but you'll be able to lock and unlock manually with your key.

you should just save up your pennies and get a new remote.
wtf

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
hey, you should have 2 black keys and one grey. Also 2 FOB's (that came with the black keys).

all 3 of your keys have little chips in them that correspond with your ignition system. When it senses that a chip is near (I.E. a valid key in the ignition), it will start the car. Simply getting a new key cut will not start the car. It will fit in but you will have to put a chip from one of the other keys next to the ignition in order to turn the copied key and start the car.

If you have no more keys that came with your car you're kinda screwed. Even if you do have them, your still kinda screwed... you need to use them in your car...

If I were you I'd pay the dealer

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
If you can get a key from a dealership I read on here where you can re-program a FOB to work with your car (series of crazy steps) if you can find one of those on e-bay... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello Peeps, thanks for your responses. I had only 2 keys as I bought my car used. Now I have only 1. I read about the key fobs, but I'm wondering where I can get a blank Acura key without having to pay $70 for a blank key from Acura and another $110 for them to cut and program it! That's $180 bucks for 1 new key!! That's fucking insane! There has to be a better way.

·
cheeto dusted!
5,057 Posts
Hello Peeps, thanks for your responses. I had only 2 keys as I bought my car used. Now I have only 1. I read about the key fobs, but I'm wondering where I can get a blank Acura key without having to pay $70 for a blank key from Acura and another $110 for them to cut and program it! That's $180 bucks for 1 new key!! That's fucking insane! There has to be a better way.
look online or on Ebay, they'd have keys for cheaper. i know aoeparts would, email them.

·
Hi there
696 Posts
Have you even checked the prices? Cause that just sounds absurd.

Most cut and program keys at my work (honda) doesnt cost more than 80$. And most of that is just labor to cut the key and program it. Buy a key blank from acura which should be no more than 5-10$ and have a honda dealer cut and program it.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Can you reprogram the ECU / new keys?

I think that'd be the best choice considering there's an extra set of keys that will unlock, start up, and drive your car away, out there somewhere...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts