Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Help me choose my suspension

770 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  18463 
#1 ·
My car now- Aspec coils with no front sway and an eibach 23mm rear sway. -2.5 camber front and -1.5 rear with 0 toe all around. I am also running ITR eveything else in the wheel wells if that matters.

Type of driving/class- I run a local class in AutoX called STO4 and it is a free for all as long as you use 140+ treadwear. I run about 15-20 events a year and do roughly 1-2 HPDE a year also. My car does not see much daily use.

Money-I dont want to spend more than 2K total, but if I can get what I want for cheaper I wont complain ;) Money for more tires :vtec:

side notes- I love the way my car rotates now and I dont want to lose that. The only thing I don't like about my current setup is the crazy amount of body roll that I think is slowing me down (for various reasons). My car is also gutted and weights 2600lbs witha full tank and I don't really mind how stiff it is, although I do drive on the street to all my events. I appreciate the help guys :thumbsup:

#3 ·
If you have 2k to spend, I would absolutely go with the 8610 Race Konis(a la Jmercado) and get the 8010s for the rear. If you run something like 450# fr/800# rr, you shouldn't have to have them revalved. Above 850-900 in the rear, and they are pretty much at their limit from what Ive been told.

I would also look at picking up some caster/camber plates while you are at it. If you can nab a set of Todds, go for it.... otherwise, I would get the Hotchkis plates.

8610 Race modified to fit OEM housings: ~$600-800 depending on source
8010 DC5 rears: ~$300-350
Ground Control sleeves/springs: ~$300
Camber Plates: $300-500

You are looking at roughly $2K for all that. That is what I would do... in fact, given that I still drive my car on the street to and from the track, I am going to be doing the exact same thing (currently have the standard Koni yellows with 8041 sports in the rear).

#5 ·
Also... PerformanceShock has a closeout on the Ohlins DC5 "Height Adjustable" coilovers. They don't come with the most aggressive rates(400#ish front/550#ish rear), but they are quality dampers and can be rebuilt.

I think they go for around $2500-3000 regularly, but are on sale for ~$1700 now.
Yeah I was looking at Jmercados thread on those race shocks :thumbsup:

Thanks for your insight.

#4 ·
Also... PerformanceShock has a closeout on the Ohlins DC5 "Height Adjustable" coilovers. They don't come with the most aggressive rates(400#ish front/550#ish rear), but they are quality dampers and can be rebuilt.

I think they go for around $2500-3000 regularly, but are on sale for ~$1700 now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.