Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
CL7 Type-R Engine
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so orderd a kenwood dnx9960 and i will be upgrading my speakers also while i am at it i am looking into Elemental Designs whit a nice amp from them as well

i do not want any sub so basically what i want is 4 nice speakers whit an amp and my dnx9960

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
If you are just going with 4 speakers and no sub eD is not really what you would be wanting to go with as they are component speakers and are meant to be used in a setup with a sub as well, you are better off buying good coax's to run off the amp.

·
CL7 Type-R Engine
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are just going with 4 speakers and no sub eD is not really what you would be wanting to go with as they are component speakers and are meant to be used in a setup with a sub as well, you are better off buying good coax's to run off the amp.

what are some good coax ? should i get an amp for them or the dnx9960 would be enough to juice them ?

·
Burr
2,020 Posts
coax? no way

if he doesn't want a sub, he needs a beefy component set and alot of power

some diamond audio hex comps and 200 watts of power in a deadened door should be enough

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
coax? no way

some diamond audio hex comps and 200 watts of power in a deadened door should be enough
so which one is? No component speakers when not using a sub or other way around?

·
Burr
2,020 Posts
amp and alot of sound deadening for the doors

why don't u want a sub? it's really hard to get down low with authority with just comps. it's possible but it would take a hell of an install and more than likely need to be an active setup since passive crossovers usually have a 80hz highpass. i had an 8" in the door of my tl that only shined down to about 63hz. something small on like 300 watts in a ported box should fill in the low end nicely and not cost too much.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
coax? no way

I am not talking 50 dollar coax's here, thinking more along the line of focal165CVX's, or Morel Tempo 6C's at the high end or lower end Polk MM651's or Boston Acoustics SC65's. units that can handle some power and dig deep and don't need a xover to suck 20% of the amps power.

Diamond Hex's maybe the ones pre 2004 when Scan speak made them, but not the current ones as they are junk in comparison

·
CL7 Type-R Engine
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
ok so i need 4 good speakers i want to order now what should i look into a link or exact name would be apreciated

same ting whit the amp i need name model thx

i am surprised that there is not more feedbacks from you people this is such a big car forum and even for a simple question like this there is debate over what should i get

·
Burr
2,020 Posts
I am not talking 50 dollar coax's here, thinking more along the line of focal165CVX's, or Morel Tempo 6C's at the high end or lower end Polk MM651's or Boston Acoustics SC65's. units that can handle some power and dig deep and don't need a xover to suck 20% of the amps power.

Diamond Hex's maybe the ones pre 2004 when Scan speak made them, but not the current ones as they are junk in comparison
im talking about the black set

not sure if those are the scan ones...

op, what is ur budget

·
Registered
301 Posts
Do you have the factory bose speakers or the base model ones? You probably should just install your HU first and see if you truely need to upgrade the speakers. The Base model speakers are mediocre, but the bose ones aren't bad (their full range); well the sub isn't good. I'm looking at the ED 10x2 Stealth Box which can be had under $300. I

·
CL7 Type-R Engine
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have the factory bose speakers or the base model ones? You probably should just install your HU first and see if you truely need to upgrade the speakers. The Base model speakers are mediocre, but the bose ones aren't bad (their full range); well the sub isn't good. I'm looking at the ED 10x2 Stealth Box which can be had under $300. I
i have a base that's why i want to upgrade they sound like crap

·
Juggalo tech
118 Posts
i got JL components in the front, jl mids in the back with a 900/5 powering them and a 10w7, and it sounds perfect, it cost me roughly 1800 with odds n ends and installation, i run a second w7 off a 500/1 but you said you dont want to use subs, so you could shave alot of money off what i spent, and do the full car plus an amp for roughly a grand

1 - 20 of 47 Posts