Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is gonna be for Socal riding so it's gonna need good ventilation, but also a liner for those chilly nights.
Not necesarily a requirement but I'm skinny (5'9, 135lbs) so obviously itll be more comfortable if it wasent ridiculously baggy.

Right now i'm looking at these
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=15735&department=113&division=1

As far as the difference between pants and overpants, do you guys have opinions on either or? Would the overpants basically be convinient for a work type situation? If so couldnt you just keep a pair of regular pants in a backpack?

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
i have the joe rocket alter ego textile pants...and honestly they work perfectly fine as over pants and i can wear them all day...its just kinda weird that it had padding though

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
8,021 Posts
what kind of riding do you plan on doing? Touring? Knee Dragging (track/canyon)? Depending on what kind of riding you want to do will determine what kind of pants you want

edit - if its just for commuting, I would buy some overpants. You can wear whatever pants you want and just wear these over it while you ride. Great for work and school

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
I highly recommend the first gear ht air over pants. Has a liner, can be taken out, and you can wear them over your work clothes/jeans. I've been using them for...3 years now and do NOT regret them. the only thing I would like is harder armor in the hip area...

You can get them at new enough or other places. I've seen the alter ego textile pants or some variation of overpants from jr and was not as impressed by them compared to the first gear ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts