Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a base RSX...im trying to get the type s catback...and rsxtrem suggest me to get the b-pipe....i guess for the type-s i duno....

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Well I am buying a type-s header and using a type-s exhaust. I would deffiantely say that would be your best bet if you have the money. If not, keep looking for the b-pipe.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have a Type S b pipe from magnaflow that came with my exhaust back when I had my base model RSX. Its just sitting in the garage collecting dust.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
i just had big al's custom fit a high flow cat with flanges so i can take it off. best of both worlds.

·
bye RSX, hello TSX
1,348 Posts
The type-S b-pipe from the magnaflow is not the full b-pipe. It is only little more then half. The back half will be need to be fab up by a muffler shop.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
um, i thought some of the positions for the hangers were different between the type-s and base.... i might be wrong but i don't think it ended up being as easy as geting a race header and type-s exhaust... but someone correct me if i'm wrong.... there are lots of old threads on this.

but the b-pipe thing is not making sense to me, Ooi.... unless you are only planning on getting an axle-back exhaust, then you would need a b-pipe of some sort, but cat back exhausts include the b-pipe.

-g

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Why doesn't anyone read my post about the Type S exhaust swap? I thought it would make everything clear. Header need no fabrication, yeah there is an extra hanger for the base header but the type s header doesn't need it. If u plan on getting a type s race header yeah you'll need a B-Pie buy you'll also need the muffler wich must be a type s aswell. The Type S exhaust is bigger by a whole half an inch wich is quite a difference. So if ur getting a Race Header for the Type S you'll need...Race Header-Race Header Connects to Type S B-Pipe-Type S B-Pipe connects to Type S Muffler. If u buy an aftermarket type s catback exhaust you'll be all good to go. No fabrication needed. If anything remove the catalyst heatshiled and that's all.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
sorry i didn't see your post... this was just an incessant topic a year or so ago but nobody actually wanted to try to see if things actually fit, and what Ooi was saying seemed a little confused...

so, anyway, the original question has been answered here i think - Ooi if you just want a type-s exhaust then i'm sure you'd have no problem finding one on the clubrsx for sale boards from people who got a catback system

-g

1 - 15 of 15 Posts