Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my last hope for my rsx type s you guys always seem to come through and I never thought id be posting on here but I recently got some wires caught in my serp belt and I fixed most of the wires I have no clue where this blue solid wire goes it’s a single solid wire and it’s just there but all I know this that my 100 amp fuse keeps blowing the wires coming out the fire wall in the back towards the passenger side SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Your 100 amp fuse is your battery fuse, so there's obviously a short somewhere. That looks like a power wire for an amp. Do you have anything coming off of the battery aside from the factory power and ground? The only thing that travels through the firewall from the factory is a harness.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your 100 amp fuse is your battery fuse, so there's obviously a short somewhere. That looks like a power wire for an amp. Do you have anything coming off of the battery aside from the factory power and ground? The only thing that travels through the firewall from the factory is a harness.
I looked over everything today and it seems you’re right that it is a amp wire. Should I disconnect the amp wire and would my short then go away?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also I actually had an amp power wire running to my positive terminal and I disconnected it and it’s still giving me a short, what should I do with this blue wire?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
If you're not using it, just remove it. Look around for any other exposed wires and inspect your ground straps. There are 3 in total. One is beneath your engine bay fuse box, another one is connected to a bracket on the trans, and the last is on the passenger side mount.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're not using it, just remove it. Look around for any other exposed wires and inspect your ground straps. There are 3 in total. One is beneath your engine bay fuse box, another one is connected to a bracket on the trans, and the last is on the passenger side mount.
Ok so I’m going to rip that wire out, Also the ground trap near the passenger side mount is broke, would that cause a short?

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,678 Posts
I'm not sure how to fix your problem. I'm just stopping by to say that it's been a minute since I've seen one of those billet Injen ignition covers. How long have you had that on your car?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing at all is working at the car ?
No not at all nothing except the horn lol but that blue wire was aftermarket and disconnected all the wires are good the only thing I seem to see is my passenger side ground which is broke but I kinda grounded the broken side under my strut bar, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Replace the ground strap and attach it where it was from the factory, not at the strut tower. I’m sure Honda engineers chose those ground locations for a reason.

Did you check everything from the battery to the fuse box to the alternator? O2 sensor wire? Fuses in the cab? This is more than likely something really simple, or your alternator is dead. The short could literally be any wire on the car that’s slightly exposed and touching the body. I would tow her to a shop that specializes in Honda’s or to the dealer if all of the above stuff I mentioned checks out.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,678 Posts
No not at all nothing except the horn lol but that blue wire was aftermarket and disconnected all the wires are good the only thing I seem to see is my passenger side ground which is broke but I kinda grounded the broken side under my strut bar, any suggestions?
If your strut tower and strut bar are both painted, it may not be an effective ground. You should really put that ground back where it was originally or at the least, ground it on some bare metal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Replace the ground strap and attach it where it was from the factory, not at the strut tower. I’m sure Honda engineers chose those ground locations for a reason.

Did you check everything from the battery to the fuse box to the alternator? O2 sensor wire? Fuses in the cab? This is more than likely something really simple, or your alternator is dead. The short could literally be any wire on the car that’s slightly exposed and touching the body. I would tow her to a shop that specializes in Honda’s or to the dealer if all of the above stuff I mentioned checks out.
Could the short be caused by a dead alternator?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Could the short be caused by a dead alternator?
I guess I shouldn't say it's dead, but it could be producing excess current. They have a voltage regulator built in and that could be dead. You'd need to get it tested to know for sure.
You mentioned in your first post that you had several wires caught in the belt that you fixed. How exactly did you fix them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess I shouldn't say it's dead, but it could be producing excess current. They have a voltage regulator built in and that could be dead. You'd need to get it tested to know for sure.
You mentioned in your first post that you had several wires caught in the belt that you fixed. How exactly did you fix them?
I spliced those wires together

1 - 20 of 27 Posts