Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Its a honda thing
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finished my turbo build but i have done something wrong.... I can start the car but then it just dies straight away. It kinda sounds like the engine is being starved or smothered from oxygen.I thought that i had got some of my lines the wrong way around, I've posted some pics to try and help you guys point me in the right direction.

BOV lines to the brake booster

Wastegate line from the turbo to the side of the wastegate

3 bar map sensor installed to my BDL throttle body vacuum spacer which is where I have also tapped for my Boost gauge

I need to get this finished :dontknow:, on a brighter note my Kpro is fantastic.....i think (JK)

Thanks in advance guys and if you need a sound clip LMK.

·
Its a honda thing
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sensors say its a vtec mulfunction, will take a look tommorrow to see if its a loose connection

·
4039whp 2956wtq @ 88psi
10,469 Posts
im willing to bet its the msd 3 bar... thats usually what happens when the map sensors not workin itll start and die within seconds

·
Its a honda thing
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i stuck my oem map sensor back on and the car started a ran ok, it was a bit jumpy in the revs but i think thats because the wire were not connected tight, what do you guys think?

·
Gun For Hire
4,089 Posts
Well i stuck my oem map sensor back on and the car started a ran ok, it was a bit jumpy in the revs but i think thats because the wire were not connected tight, what do you guys think?
When you put in the stock MAP did you clear the codes? If so, did it still show the vtec code after? If not it sounds like the MAP is defective or wired improperly

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
yeah I would guess map sensor also, get the 4bar and just be done with it. So how is sunny Cyprus latly.......wish I was still there to help, anyway hope you get it up and running soon PSHHHHT all day long down the strip.
take it easy Rob.

·
PPG Krew
5,477 Posts
If ur running an MSD 3bar, put in Motec or Neetronics map sensor settings in kpro. If that doesn't fix it, then you wired it wrong or the 3bar is probably bad.

·
4039whp 2956wtq @ 88psi
10,469 Posts
If ur running an MSD 3bar, put in Motec or Neetronics map sensor settings in kpro. If that doesn't fix it, then you wired it wrong or the 3bar is probably bad.
yeah that

·
Its a honda thing
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well conected my comp to Kpro and turned on ignition, I then re-installed my 3 bar map sensor, the link was sucessful. I then cranked the motor and it briefly started but then stopped. i looked at the error codes again and it said 224 Vtec not responding, I then went to my map settings and couldnt find a way to change any of the settings for the 3 bar. i then took a look at the graphs and so on and saw that it had recorded a PSI of - 17.5 on crank, It doesnt seem right some how. any more imput.....

Oh and i used the wire diagram
green/white= ground= pin a
green/red= signal to ecu= pin b
yellow/red= +5v= pin c

·
Its a honda thing
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update,

I got the car running again, found out how to change and upload diff settings...... car worked on a hondata 4 bar map sensor setting, so idk, but i took off the intercooler pipe from the turbo to feel for pressure and noticed there was a good air flow, even when i revved the engine from the TB, I thought there would be alot more pressure though, also the rev range is not perfect, I'm guessing a good tune will sort that out, but i wanna make sure I'm not missing any thing.

Ps good call with the map setting change, I'm a total noob to this, but I will get there I'm sure.

I will try and record a data log tommorrow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts