Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help quick. I went to get my emissions done on my k20a2 EM2 and there is a connection issue for my OBD2 and the ECU. The DEQ emissions computer could not connect with my cars computer, and therefore failed the test. I looked for any obvious disconnected wires and have not seen anything. I am running the RSX-S ECU (PRB), with HASport wiring harnesses installed at a reputable shop. I need ANYONES help or experience with anything related to this topic, as this is my daily driver and I need to pass my emissions. ALL help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys and let the suggestions start flowing in!!

·
Jurassic Member
4,023 Posts
No one knows anything about OBD2 connections to the ECU?? ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Depends on how much of the harness you have left of the Type S. If you don't have the OBDII block connected to the harness it's not going to pass, because they can't hook up the computer.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Try posting this in the ECU and electronics section. There's a lot of knowledgeable people in there who can probably help you out. Have you tried taking it back to the shop to see if they can help you diagnose the problem?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

-J

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the shop, but this was done 2 years ago and with a different owner. Hopefully I can figure it out though. Anyone know if KPro would be a way around this?? Does KPro have an OBD2 port that I could connect to, to do my emissions inspection? ( I doubt it)...

·
Jurassic Member
4,023 Posts
I called the shop, but this was done 2 years ago and with a different owner. Hopefully I can figure it out though. Anyone know if KPro would be a way around this?? Does KPro have an OBD2 port that I could connect to, to do my emissions inspection? ( I doubt it)...
What type of car do you have? Kpro won't help if you don't have the ODBII port on your wiring harness. You need to find out how to wire one into your harness. If you want to having it inspected. Oh, and best to go to the dealer an look up that bolt for the cooler plug. I don't have any part numbers for that part. I just pulled it off the old A2 block when I did the conversion.

·
Zack Killa
4,535 Posts
do you have OBDII disabled on the kpro? if u have that disabled it will not let that computer read anything off the ecu

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I have the OBDII port and it is wired into the 2001 civic ex stock harness. But there is a "connection failure" to the OBD2 system when the shop tries to run the emissions test. I do not have KPro, and Im not sure it would help or not. I heard that if it is a JDM ECU that it wouldnt pass anyways, so I need to check that. What is a "cooler plug"?? Also, is it OK to unplug the ECU harnesses?? Will it cause any problems when I plug them back in (immoblizer, any other issues)??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I posted up there too. Trying to use all my resources.

UPDATE:
OK, I took a test light to my OBD2 port that is underneath the steering column. I started the car and let it warm up for a couple of minutes, then teted each wire. The results: only the red/white wire lit up the test light, and it appeared that the brown wire was causing a drop in the rpms (ground??). But none of the other wires had a reaction. Any help??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE:
I managed to pull the ECU out and it looks like it is the RSX Type-S ECU (PRB), so I can cross a JDM ECU problem off my list of possibilities. So this must be a wiring issue between my ECU and my OBD2 port. Anyone have the wiring schematics, diagrams for the RSX ECU inputs/outputs. This would be a big help so that I can trace these wires and make sure they are going where they are supposed to be. THANKS!!!

·
Jurassic Member
4,023 Posts
UPDATE:
I managed to pull the ECU out and it looks like it is the RSX Type-S ECU (PRB), so I can cross a JDM ECU problem off my list of possibilities. So this must be a wiring issue between my ECU and my OBD2 port. Anyone have the wiring schematics, diagrams for the RSX ECU inputs/outputs. This would be a big help so that I can trace these wires and make sure they are going where they are supposed to be. THANKS!!!
Correct the 2001 Civic does not have the same wiring to the ECU and the pins are not going to match up. So you will have to find out a way to rewire them so they do match up to the ECU. Including plugging more wires if required. I think if you had the Type S helms manual you can trace the wires where they need to go. I am sure there are people on this board who have that online manual.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts