Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup people I've been trying to cover up some door dings and paint chips on my RSX and I can't seem to get a nice coating with the acura touch up paint pen. I've follwed the directions. Shook up the pen really well. Got the paint to flow on to the end of the marker tip. used a Dabbing technique to fill in spots. however, when ever i'm done witha spot the paint looks quite rough in that area. I've tried to go back over it with another coat, but it sill comes out rough and speckled, from the dabbing. Is there anything I do to go back over the touch up spots to smooth them down some with out damaging the surrounding areas.

I'm starting to think I should just take it to the dealer and have them resurface some areas and touch them up.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's hard to get a good surface w/ those pens, I had one I used on my previous BMW and I hated it, it sucked for touch ups
Try just lightly painting it on w/ a small brush or for fine scratches use a toothpick to apply
But as good as you can do it, touch up paint will sort of hide it, but never be the same as it was before

·
7,611 Posts
Yeah, sadly, you gotta paint the whole freakin' panel if you really want a good job.....then you gotta worry about matching the other panels........:crying:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts