Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, with the ecu shipped off for kpro ^_^ i would like to further enhance my sound deadening, i've done the doors, rear wheel pillars, trunk, floor, just about everything i could think of except the roof and dashboard and i'm trying to find a way to remove the dash so i can further insulate with matt and carpet padding fibers, (the stuff that's found under carpets), i've insulated the doors with that jute fiber and man thanks to whoever it was that mentioned it cause it does work

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
^ that's what it sounds like to me

i'm also interested, i've been wanting to do this but am not too comfortable removing the dash as it seems like it'd be pretty time consuming

and TS....the roof isn't very effective...it'll help some but i'm not sure it's worth the effort (it took me about 30 minutes to remove and about that long to reinstall....about 20 minutes to add the sound deadening)

it made a small difference but not terribly noticeable. it's not too hard to do though if you're still interested

·
12 Volt Installer
970 Posts
I haven't done an RSX yet, (I have removed dashes in a few other cars) but generally there is a couple of large bolts on either end of the dash, and you'll have to remove the center console where you'll likely find a few more. Remove the gauge cluster, and glove box too. Start with that, and then once those are out, start wiggling the dash.....you can generally find where the bolts are by comparing spots that move easily (no bolts) to ones that don't (has bolts).

In all honesty, unless you really like to tackle big jobs like this, there is probably going to be a minimal reduction in noise for all the work it takes. The entire portion of the firewall behind the passenger side of the dash is your heater core and AC.....you're not going to be getting any sound deadening material behind that, and on the driver side you have all your pedal assemblies, and brackets......it would take you forever to apply material around all that.

I considered doing it in my last car ( I did every possible panel in that except the firewall) and once I looked at how much work was involved in doing the firewall, for the minimal gain, I said fuck it, no thanks.

If you're willing to tackle it, props to you!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Directions sent.

Good luck with the work. If you decide to complete the work - post up some pictures of how much dynamat you are able to get installed around the various components on the firewall.

Id personally be interested to hear how much difference you are able to get out of it.

I have layed down 2 layers on my floor, as well as added a pretty hefty amount to my front doors - now working my way toward the rear. Ive seen a pretty dramatic difference from stock to now. I wish I would have used a meter to measure the variations in dB levels to get a solid grasp of how much difference it really made.

·
Fast_na_ras
332 Posts
Its three bolts on the drivers side n two on the passenger side.. Disconecting the wires is the time consuming part!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts