Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was doing my oil change today on my 06 rsx and after I was finished , started up the car and the car started leaking oil everywhere . Car was on for less than 30 seconds and all the oil came out that I had just put in ... I popped the hood to find this out of place (first image ) after researching what part that is I found out it was the oil pressure switch but that copper piece is not supposed to be there is what I’m guessing .
I suppose the oil pressure switch fits Into this (second image ) into the engine block. From my observation it looks like the threading on the copper piece broke off inside that fitting . Please help on what I can do to resolve this . I just bought the car a week ago .

Attachments

·
Vaginal Lubrication Tech
333 Posts
it goes here

(this one broke) ^^

never put anything that is brass or copper in the port for the oil sensor, it will always break. If your lucky you can get the broken piece out. Use steel fittings

my homie had the fitting in his break 3 times. I got the broken piece extracted 2 times,
this was the 3rd

ERL fixed it when they built the block

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it goes here

(this one broke) ^^

never put anything that is brass or copper in the port for the oil sensor, it will always break. If your lucky you can get the broken piece out. Use steel fittings

my homie had the fitting in his break 3 times. I got the broken piece extracted 2 times,
this was the 3rd

ERL fixed it when they built the block

Is that also why it’s leaking a lot ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts