Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
2012?
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insight as to how they are preventing the HKS Hi-Power exhaust system from burning their rear bumper. I know one method is to obtain a longer rubber hanger, but I think that would look wack and would be too close to the ground.

Anyone have any pictures, insight, or alternative methods?

Thanks!

Also, do most ppl run the 65mm or the 60mm diameter?, I only see the 60mm on crsx. :dontknow:

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
you can cut the area of your bumper that the hi-power is burning if you dont want to get longer rubber hangers:dontknow:

imo just get the rubber hangers, but dont get them too long so it doesnt look awkward:bow:

·
its a wooden pickle
666 Posts
I have an 03, stock lip. 65mm HKS hi-power. No burning for 2 months now. It is paired with a BCRH.

·
Brevit : the soul of wit
9,422 Posts
your ok if you have an 02-04 it doesnt burn
its the 05+ that will definately burn
yea....was just about to say that 02-04 your fine even with a rear lip...your bumper will get a lil black but not from burns just from the exhaust gases...you can wipe it off with a cloth or your hand

but the 05-06 burn the bumper more than a bitch on meth

TS from your avy looks like your drive a 02-04 so your fine :thumbsup:

GET THE TURBO VERSION OF THE HIGH POWER YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED

·
SUN DEVILS!
366 Posts
^^^ gracias sir thought I was gonna have to quote myself

If you need/want I can take a picture tomorrow if I have time and post it up of what I am talking about in the previous post ...

·
Pwning haters since '86
1,705 Posts
no prob, gotta thank you for that heads up! gettin the hks for my 05 this week, so now im all set! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts