Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and could not find the answer to my question, hope one of you could help me. I am installing the JDM 22 mm rear sway. On club RSX DIY guide they remove the endlinks all together and in other DIY they remove only the 14mm hex nut attached to the 5mm allen. My question is, I don't see why se have to remove the endlink all together, but what exactly am I turning to remove with the 14 mm connection. I have to put the 5mm allen wrench and then the 14 mm wrench, but which one is actually gonna turn, I mean am I turning the 14 mm hex nut or and I holding the nut firm :laughing: and turning the 5mm allen bolt? I hop I am making myself clear. Anybody's help or opinion is welcomed. Thanxs :thumbsup:

· Registered
22,420 Posts
u don't have to remove the endlink all together. just disconnect the endlink from the sway bar. the way we did it with my friend , we took the allen and jammed it up against the spring coil, then used the wrench to loosen it. allen is supposed to stay still while the nut moves.

hope that helps

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
krystar said:
u don't have to remove the endlink all together. just disconnect the endlink from the sway bar. the way we did it with my friend , we took the allen and jammed it up against the spring coil, then used the wrench to loosen it. allen is supposed to stay still while the nut moves.

hope that helps
Yes it does help and it makes sense, thanks very much! That is what I thought but just needed the reassurance from someone who has done it.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok install went great. A stupid question. Is it possible to install the sway bar backwards (by mistake I mean). I am dropped on Eibach pro kits and when I dropped the car down after the install, the rear of the car seemed higher than before. Is this becasue the springs "relaxed" when I raised the back end of my car? Anyone experience this?

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5minutemajor said:
Yes it does help and it makes sense, thanks very much! That is what I thought but just needed the reassurance from someone who has done it.
:eek: :eek:

Just came back from taking the car out for a spin in da neighbahood, and all I can say is DAMNNN :thumbsup: I wrapped my S around 90 degree elbows entering the turn in 2nd and gunning it out and the car holds it's line. Understeer is alsmost gone as the front end dips and the rear end swings around to meet it nicely. Awesome mod. Get the 22mm JDM rear sway, worth the money. :thumbsup:

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yOo_JeAn said:
is it better to get progress with the extra dough or just get jdm 22mm?
I heard progress makes a good sway bar, but save the dough and get an original OEM part that should have come with this car in the first place. There is nothing like OEM fitment and quality especially when it is a JDM DC5-R part. Some things you can go aftermarket, but it really is personal preference, and what you want the part to do. I recommend it :thumbsup:

· 700p LTR TWS .308
6,408 Posts
does anyone know if there's a difference between the type-s and the base sway bar? I forget the official answer, but when I compared them in person they look the same.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes the base is 18 mm and the S is 19 mm

· trunk monkey
1,195 Posts
not a big difference :\

5minute you should go out and make sure that your suspension isn't sitting on your sway bar :nervous:

because you can install it upside down. I did it the first time and when i lowered the car back down it was still sitting high and i could see a part of the car resting on the bar. Once I took it off and flipped it around it wasnt touching anything.

· Registered
22,420 Posts
yea like jp said it is possible to install it backwards. i did it the first time too.

muev, yea not really. just get a 22mm one. unless u wanna buy my typeS for dirt cheap...but then u'll still have to pay shipping hehe.

· 700p LTR TWS .308
6,408 Posts
yeah zeroryde got the JDM one and offered to sell me his cheap. Hmm... maybe I'll get the JDM one.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
muevelonyc said:
aight, so I guess it's not worth getting a type-s' sway bar.
That depends on how you look at it. If you wna to improve your handling then why not get it. It is bigger and for 80 bucks you can pick one up off an S driver who just got the 22mm JDM or any other larger sway. New you are looking at $130.00-$150.00 up to 300+ for a comptech sway. For a base it may be what you need. Remember these come stock with the S so going to it is and affordable improvement. :thumbsup:

· Registered
22,420 Posts
why would he get one off a typeS though when he can just easily get the jdm one for $100 unless muev is really cheap :D

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
free is good, freebie, nada, zilch, niente

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
krystar said:
look at him trying to be monster garage announcer :)
Hey man what do mean, "trying"??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.