Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
dude ruel its easy as long as you got a rear stand...i did the rear wheel by myself...put a block of wood under the rear wheel to help you put it back on and just slide the axle back in( dont forget to regrease it)... then work the caliper back on, it was a slot you slide it in...and whatever you do...if the caliper is off, dont press the rear brake...lol

might as well do your front tire too...its kinda bad having mis matched tires

oh and the brake calipers fall right off...its held together by the axle i think...i remember doing it on my roomates cbr

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dude ruel its easy as long as you got a rear stand...i did the rear wheel by myself...put a block of wood under the rear wheel to help you put it back on and just slide the axle back in( dont forget to regrease it)... then work the caliper back on, it was a slot you slide it in...and whatever you do...if the caliper is off, dont press the rear brake...lol

might as well do your front tire too...its kinda bad having mis matched tires

oh and the brake calipers fall right off...its held together by the axle i think...i remember doing it on my roomates cbr
1. block of wood? elaborate, mike. (besides what good is a block of wood on the ground when the bike is up in the air because of the stand?)
2. where on the bike is the grease applied? where do i get the grease?

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
1. block of wood? elaborate, mike. (besides what good is a block of wood on the ground when the bike is up in the air because of the stand?)
2. where on the bike is the grease applied? where do i get the grease?
1.cuz when u pull the axle/chain off..the wheel/tires gonna drop cuz the bike is in the air...so get a block of wood thats completely level with the alignment of the wheel and axle so you dont have to lift the wheel when putting it back in or taking it out...(put it under the tire)

2. Apply it lightly on the axle before sliding it in... I bought a tube of (@ AUTOZONE) MOBIL 1 synthetic grease...the stuff that wont wash off in rain. (its red grease inside)

·
Registered
436 Posts
depending on how far away the shop is you can plug the hole then seal it with tire slime the quick fix for flat tires,i had to do this before and it worked for me just ride really carefull and take your time.

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
NO!
don't use tire slime!!! The guy who changes your tire will hate you. Plus it will most likely affect how well your tire is balanced with the wheel. Just remove it. Use RSX fan's suggestions for putting it back on.

Basically use the tools that come with the bike to get the axle off. Hold the wheel up or use a block of wood to make it easier getting the axle out. The rear brake slides into a slot on the subframe but is held into place by the axle.

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LOSE THE SPACERS. Putting it back in can be a pain sometimes if u dont have a big enough block of wood so get a friend to help if possible.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
NO!
don't use tire slime!!! The guy who changes your tire will hate you. Plus it will most likely affect how well your tire is balanced with the wheel. Just remove it. Use RSX fan's suggestions for putting it back on.

Basically use the tools that come with the bike to get the axle off. Hold the wheel up or use a block of wood to make it easier getting the axle out. The rear brake slides into a slot on the subframe but is held into place by the axle.

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LOSE THE SPACERS. Putting it back in can be a pain sometimes if u dont have a big enough block of wood so get a friend to help if possible.
yep...and make sure to remove the spacers too before you bring it to the shop...they sometimes lose it while working on your tire and they wont be held responsible...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.