Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
i was able to do it...had to pry it out...it aint worth it just take off the bumper...oh and u gotta get under it to take out a screw ur gonna need a long screw driver

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
hey javier what are you needing to take out the taillights for? you not sticking in god awful altezzas are you?

·
Registered
400 Posts
If he wants to put in altezzas, that's his business. The ClubRSX community is supposed to be here to help. I can say I'm not a big fan of aftermarket tails, but if he's gonna put them in, do you think because some guy on the net he's never met before tells him not to he's gonna stop? Just help him out and let the locals tell him that they're ugly.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: HELP...removing rear taillights

eje_17 said:
off topic, but how much did you pay for the Fiber images hood?
uhhh cheap i believe 350 or so, would you like one...it may be more because shipping costs will apply

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NonstopRSX said:
If he wants to put in altezzas, that's his business. The ClubRSX community is supposed to be here to help. I can say I'm not a big fan of aftermarket tails, but if he's gonna put them in, do you think because some guy on the net he's never met before tells him not to he's gonna stop? Just help him out and let the locals tell him that they're ugly.
thanks for the help :D

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
It's a dumb design but they're much easier to remove and reinstall if you take the bumper cover off first. The service manual also says to do this. If you force them out you risk damaging the taillights or the bumper.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
BlackRsx said:
heh, you got urself a bud to defend you :laughing:

oh by the way, i have met him and i do know him, my first post was a sarcastic joke, hopefully javier knew that, i was pretty sure he wasn't putting on altezzas, i was just razzin him a bit. :thumbsup:

hey do you think you can make it out friday to HRP? i'll be there, jeramy, probably jared, i'm sure we can convince david to head out there, and maybe some of those newbs that showed up today. :wavey:

·
Registered
918 Posts
rsxmachine said:
It's a dumb design but they're much easier to remove and reinstall if you take the bumper cover off first. The service manual also says to do this. If you force them out you risk damaging the taillights or the bumper.
Hey at the mods meet we took out two sets of tails and mine before the meet and the only part that gets scratched up when you're manueveriing them out is the part that is coverred by the bottom of the tailights...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Get under the car and you'll see that the lights are secured by two bolts underneath the car. and NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMOVE THE BUMPER. Just the bolts on the back of the taillights (4) and underneath the car (2). And that's it.

Dima

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dima said:
Get under the car and you'll see that the lights are secured by two bolts underneath the car. and NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMOVE THE BUMPER. Just the bolts on the back of the taillights (4) and underneath the car (2). And that's it.

Dima

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.