Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did i search but not much came up. Im trying to do a dash swap to black interior and the dash is about the biggest job i have to do with it. So im assuming i need a torx wrench. Is it just one size or are there different sizes? Would i need to rent a steering wheel column puller or do i just take off some bolts and i can just pull it off?

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
they are regular nuts, not torx. i THINK they are all one size. when you get to that stage it should be pretty clear how to remove it. just 4 nuts. you may need a deep socket or an actual wrench though, if i remember right the studs are pretty f'in long

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup: thanks. Will the column just pull right out?

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
it will drop down, but it will still be connected to the steering rack at a pivot joint (like a tail coming off the steering column), i forget how to take that apart, i think it was a small bolt with maybe a cotter pin through it. simple stuff.

and yes, you do need to remove the column to remove the dash. (or at least disconnect the pivot joint, but i would go ahead and pull it off the dash.

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.