Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, Everyone i just recently purchased an 2005 base RSX complete bone stock.

one of the main problem i was having is the second cylinder head misfires and code reads P0302
i just got brand new coil packs and sparks for the car. was running good for about a week ago until now.

yesterday my RSX base model shut off on me. long story short came home and only to notice that the coil pack
for second cylinder was burnt off including the spark plug on the threads was gone burnt off.

i did my research now before i purchase anything.

previous owner did warn me that the second cylinder spark plug tube was retreaded do to something about the old spark plug was seized inside.

i do believe he didn't know what he was doing and could have ruined the head. should i purchased a head or soemthing else.
HELP PLEASE!!!

Photos are from the SECOND cylinder

·
Registered
183 Posts
:oops: HOLY CRAP. These cars rarely ever get bad igntion coils. That is severe man.
So you mentioned 'one of the main problems you were having' ...what other problems are there? And how long did you drive the car with P0302? Any possible lean condition in that cylinder?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was only driving the car for 2 days before the spark plug and coil blew well, burnt out on me. i spoke to a few people and it came to be the head is bad. have to change the head.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah that is what it looks likes. If they retreaded the spark plug hole then they probably didn’t do it right or just put a bandaid to sell it. Base model heads are easy to come by and relatively inexpensive

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah that's some shit alright! It defiantly had a sleeve put in and caused enough resistance to smoke the works. Goes to show how strong the ignition system "was". Years ago I had to repair a car with a stripped plug and I pulled it had it welded and re-thread. The sparkplug was shooting out of it due to compression. Only funny because it wasn't my car! I wonder if now would be a good time to upgrade your engine all around and not fuc around?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts