Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey CRSX, i currently have a pair of Digitial 55w 6000k HID KIT headlights which i bought straight from Retro Solutions, they work great and i love them. Here are the ones i ordered > http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/the-166/DIGITAL-HID-XENON-CONVERSION/Detail

So heres my problem- I have a set of clear foglight housing. Not yellow

What im trying to do is to find H11 bulbs so that i can have my foglights match the same color as my headlights. I cant seem to find the write bulbs that will give me that same blue-white tint that my HID's do. So i want to know if anyone knows what bulbs will give me that 6000k blue-white tint?

I ordered these pair of HPX H11 bulbs from retro solutions as well to see if they would match, but they ended up looking more white and had no tint of blue at all as i was hoping for.

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/the-351/HPX-High-output-halogen/Detail

Please helpppp, if anyone knows what bulbs i can buy to give me that 6000k look for my fogs i would appreciate it. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
maybe your should let the bulbs break in? :dontknow:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from what it looks like, i think im just going to have to go big and buy a HID kit just for me foglights, but that would need to b rewired because right now i have my foglights tapped into my parking lights. Hooking up a HID kit would be too much.

·
Awd>All
3,163 Posts
from what it looks like, i think im just going to have to go big and buy a HID kit just for me foglights, but that would need to b rewired because right now i have my foglights tapped into my parking lights. Hooking up a HID kit would be too much.
wtf? So they come on when you turn your parking lights on?... Talk about ghetto... :shakehead

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An HID kit wouldn't need any rewiring? It plugs right in to the pigtail for the bulb. It'll be hard to find bulbs that match HIDs cause they have a unique look.
the reason why i would need to re-wire is because i think if i installed an HID kit for my fogs it would be too much for the parking light wire to handle, like i said before my fogs are tapped into my parking light wires. If i got an HID kit i think i would have to wire it all the way inside the car and hook up that stupid switch so it can run by itself

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1niceassdc5 - with an HID kit, you can use a relayed wiring harness added to it to still work off the parking lights if you want to. That is not hard to do at all!
What does a relay wire harness do exactly? And where can I get it

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
What does a relay wire harness do exactly? And where can I get it
Provides power directly from the battery to avoid any restrictions (voltage drops) in the factory wiring.
We can help you out with that, shoot us a PM or EMAIL

·
§█ñY├≥öÇ`╟
629 Posts
It's not hard at all. I just did it a week ago. Tap into the hot wire of the parking lights, run a hot wire, and a negative wire, all down to where the fogs are at when the bumper is on the car. Run the negative wires to the frame and ballast. Connect the hot wires to the ballast. Check to make sure everything works. Then find a place to mount your ballasts.

I mounted mine right next to the fogs. I used one of the screws used to mount the fogs, and screwed that into the ballast's mounting hardware.

GL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts