Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a white type s and want to get a carbon fiber hood in the next week or so.I was wondering what brands you guys have and how the fit and quality was.Where their any mods needed to install it and how much you paid.Do you know where any pics of a white one with a type r fin are posted so I can see what it will look like?Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
dont take this the wrong way but i know someone will say it sooner or later..search!!

but since im nice ill help you out :D

VIS and fiber images are the two more popualr ones. youll hear mixed reviews about each one from people. i personally have a VIS oem style cf hood and love it. fitment and everything is top notch. interms of price, i got mine for 300 bucks which i believe is the average price for a VIS oem style cf hood. fiber images is a little bit more i think.

all you need is a wrench to undo the 4 screws that hold your stock hood in place. nothing extra is needed besides that! oh, well a friend would be helpful since you would probably need help holding the other side of the hood when you take off and pt on your hoods.

as for pics, i suggest checking out the member porfile section under the white rsx section. youll see plenty of pwp with cf hoods.

mines isnt pwp, its taffeta white...close enough though! :D and yes, i had the sides painted to color match the side of my car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had my VIS for about 8 months and it is starting to peel along the edge next to the fenders. Looks really bad. I do take really good care of my car so I won't be buying another VIS when it's time to replace it. I thought it would last at least 2 yrs...crap

·
Registered
124 Posts
hey how much did it cost you guys to get the sides painted like that on the hoods to color match the car? i have an ABP think it'll look any good with that color? haha and if any of you are generous you can post pics of an ABP with the painted hood for me too :-D i never see any painted in that color though... maybe it looks bad. thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts