Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I don't know much about rim and tire fitment and need some help. My friend recently gave me free rims and I need help on tire size and where to put them as they are both different sizes. Two rims are 17x9 with 35 offset and the other two are 17x7 with 38 offset. I have a 06 type S. What tire size should I get and which set should go in front and which set should go in back? I appreciate the help and tips since I don't know anything. Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Check out the below thread for tire size. As for which ones to put where, I'd put the wider ones up front as our cars are FWD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the below thread for tire size. As for which ones to put where, I'd put the wider ones up front as our cars are FWD.
There was no tire size for 17x9 :confused: So the ideal set up would be 17x9 with 205 tires in front and 17x7 with 215 in back?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Shit, I didn't see that...
I'd get at least 235 on the 17x9, 205 is way too narrow, unless you want that stretched tire look. That's what size the base has from the factory.
I pulled this pic off of a Miata forum. These are 17x9 with 235 tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I don't know much about rim and tire fitment and need some help. My friend recently gave me free rims and I need help on tire size and where to put them as they are both different sizes. Two rims are 17x9 with 35 offset and the other two are 17x7 with 38 offset. I have a 06 type S. What tire size should I get and which set should go in front and which set should go in back? I appreciate the help and tips since I don't know anything. Thank you so much!!
Did they fit and do you like it? We'll work on buddy's new 2007 Type S project right after we finished installing the brake kit and fuel off-road rims on the current Raptor project. He somehow wants the stretched look for the RSX and we're researching for the widest possible rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts