Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a n02 for awhile and im having trouble finding one that has all the basic stuff i need for a reasonable price. By the way i have an EP, so i know all about the whole no dry kit thing. So can anyone point me in the right direction of a good NX kit. i prefer someone that has one already. thanks, ephatch.com doesn't have a very lively nitrous forum so i have been watching here for a long time, alot more info over here on this subject.

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
Most people I know on and outside of the forums usually get their kits for roughly 300 bucks.

The kits are universal, just buy a single fogger kit and you're good to go. If I could do it all over again I'd go on speedshop.org and peice the whole damn thing together.

I'll tell you this... after your nitrous kit is complete your spending will most likely have soared over $1000.

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
If your gonna do Nitrous...do it right...Randezzle is right...if you do it right...you will end up spending about 1000...it is worth it....

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
$199

$69

$149

$179

$20

$6 X2 for Bottle Warmer & Activation Switch

$50

$6 X 2 for the nitrous and fuel solenoids

$6 For the WOT Switch

Check this out for Jets (you're gonna want the flare jets)

They dont seem to have fuel lines. If you're looking so save money, skip the AEM fuel rail and "T" your fuel line. This is what we did with my RSX. FYI, make damn sure when your T'ing the line, your fitting is deep inside the plasic sleeve thats inside of the line. You can find these fittings at your local hardware store. We got ours from Orchard:thumbsup: It (would have) costed us about 20 bucks or so for the fittings, but my friend stole them for me so we didnt spend a dime. We T'd the line and ran fuel hose from the T straight up to the solenoid. This is cool, just make sure your fittings are in tight and your clamps are as well.
Optional Stuff:
Remote Bottle opener - Good, but not needed.
Gauges- The only gauge you NEED is the Nitrous Pressure Gauge.
I didnt list the one from the website, because its digital and more expensive than the ones you can pick up for about 50 bucks or so.

I say optional, because I've been squeezing for a couple months now with out ANY gauges. The nitrous gauge is good so you know how lean you actually are. Sometimes I'll get sorta nervous when squeezing on a HOT bottle. It feels damn good, but I'd still like to know how high that pressure is. I actually have the digital pressure gauge from the website, but I just havent had the time to install/wire it up.

Did I miss anything???:dontknow:

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
If you do it this way, you'll have pretty much everything you need and you will have spent about $1000. I dunno how much shipping would cost for all these items, but after shipping you'd probably be right around $1000.

I'm also including the Fuel line/nitrous gauge/wires/screws/jets/nuts/bolts/fittings and clamps you'll need into that $1000.

Or... you could make things easy and just buy a universal NOS or NX kit;):thumbsup:

Either way you go, you're gonna spend over $1000 when its all said and done.

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
i paid a total of about $1000 for my 80004efi kit, genx-2 kit, remote bottle opener, window switch with pills, and a bottle fill...(it helps to know people)

as stated before, do it right or don't bother because you will regret it in the future

take a look on www.groupbuycenter.com and see if there are any nitrous sellers on there...if not, keep checking back because i know a lot of people that have gotten some pretty good deals on there

·
Registered
865 Posts
would that "dyno tune" purge kit work with the nx nitrous soleniod? and there shouldn't be any difference b/t "dyno tune" and NX's purge kit except for the name..right?

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
eggsi said:
I have been looking for a n02 for awhile and im having trouble finding one that has all the basic stuff i need for a reasonable price. By the way i have an EP, so i know all about the whole no dry kit thing. So can anyone point me in the right direction of a good NX kit. i prefer someone that has one already. thanks, ephatch.com doesn't have a very lively nitrous forum so i have been watching here for a long time, alot more info over here on this subject.
heh, welcome man, you shot me a pm before the site got redone, check your pms.

Yeah, do it right, or don't do it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alot guys, im not knocking ephatch but damn it would have taken weeks to get that kind of response. great stuff though, i will more than likely get a universal kit (NX) because i don't feel all that believe in myself enough to go out and find all the correct parts. So where can i find one for $300, i've been seeing $500 to $650.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yeah, i emailed the guy i got all my stuff from, to see if he's still sellin... he was really good with stuff, i've reccommended him to anyone wanting nx :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts