Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went auto X ing last week and I noticed my car has a crazy amount of understeer. Right now I have skunk2 coilovers on stock shocks (probably blow) lowered about 2 inches, no camber kit, and stock sways. I am looking at the jdm sway to correct the problem but if anyone can give me some pointers I would appricate it!

BTW: I just purchased a set of goldline springs and a have new set of OEM stocks...

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
ok... as an autocrosser, Heres My $.02..

1. Buy a set of konis. (and your better off with the sleeved springs Vs the goldlines..)
2. Get a larger rear anti-roll bar.
3. Get as much negitive camber on the nose as you can.

·
let's go BO SOX here
1,219 Posts
Zzyzx - aren't you a little far from the cones there....this is Auto-x not road racing, haha just kidding, this past weekend was my first autocross event so that is one thing I learned. btw thats a really cool picture. :thumbsup: :driving:

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
what zz said. get koni's, get rear sway,

nc, that is a decreasing radius corner yer supposed to take it wide :)

·
yup
7,574 Posts
Zzyzx said:
ok... as an autocrosser, Heres My $.02..

1. Buy a set of konis. (and your better off with the sleeved springs Vs the goldlines..)
2. Get a larger rear anti-roll bar.
3. Get as much negitive camber on the nose as you can.

this guy always has the good advice :)

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
ncRsx-s said:
Zzyzx - aren't you a little far from the cones there....this is Auto-x not road racing, haha just kidding, this past weekend was my first autocross event so that is one thing I learned. btw thats a really cool picture. :thumbsup: :driving:

Decreasing radious turn... Stay wide as long as you can, and aim for an extreamly late apex.... :driving:

That turn actually informed me that I need to up my spring rates a bit.... I was hitting the bumpstops on the front ouside wheel... Took me 2 years to be able to drive to that point... :cool:

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
whats an apex turn? i havent heard many people tall bout it.. some decribe this 'technique'! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
BIG POPPA®
4,248 Posts
Great graphic.

Yep, you typically want to late apex, as soon as possible, which is the Green cornering line. A lotta people think that a proper apex is right in the center of the turn. But if you apex a little later, you'll be on the gas much quicker and for a much longer period of time. :thumbsup:

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
In the begining late apexing every thing is probably going to be your fastest line. later on, you'll learn that some corners are best taken with an Early apex and some with a Late apex... Depending if the straight you are coming off of or going on to is more important (longer acceleration zone).

·
let's go BO SOX here
1,219 Posts
I gotcha. :thumbsup: I really want to take the evolution class, I think it's coming to my area soon but only takes 25 people a day and is 250 (225 for scca members).

·
you touch my tra-la-la
7,160 Posts
Zzyzx said:
In the begining late apexing every thing is probably going to be your fastest line. later on, you'll learn that some corners are best taken with an Early apex and some with a Late apex... Depending if the straight you are coming off of or going on to is more important (longer acceleration zone).
oh absolutely. no doubt about that. "secrets of solo racing" was a good read. :)

·
_
433 Posts
if you're going to auto-x, the jdm rear sway is not going to be enough. i have it right now and even with "spirited driving" on the street, i keep thinking i might want to go just a tad bigger. also, get stiffer bearings.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Midnight Runner said:
remove front sway bar... lol

been there, done that... quite alot of fun really. Oversteer was just a throttle lift away.
:driving: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.