Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going about 20mph in first gear... then cuz of this fuckin asshole infront of me brakes :jigglemad ... so i slam on the brakes and cut the wheel right... i was so pissed that i just jumped out the car to curse this guy out... i dont know wat happened... but it seemed that i left my car in gear and i guess i stalled once i stopped... and wen i started my car the engine was so quiet... it was like its bogging... so i pop the hood and my engine is moving back and forth really hard... so i let it run... then my engine pics up and starts runnin like normal... but now the check engine light is on but my car sounds perfectly fine...wat happened? any ideas? anything will help right about now... thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
You say it did stall? A mis-fire in one of the cylinders, perhaps? :confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sorry i gave wrong info... this all happened in second gear...it happend really fast... wen i got back in my car it had all the lights on (ie cel, oil...) so i'm assuming it stalled... its weird... cuz my engine sounded as if it was going to die... but then it picked up and started to run just fine... thanks for the reply

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm thinkin .......... Miss fire? Or the jolt mabey did a number to the ecu. ??? Who knows. Just monitor it for a few days. If it gets worse or happens again, get to a shop.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Pull the ECU fuse and run it for a while. If the light comes back on then take it to dealer, but if not then you are fine.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
dont u have a warranty ? just bring it to acura they will take care of it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i have the warranty... i have intake and exhaust... i never did a search so i'm not sure if that voids the warranty... i'll pull the ECU fuse today and see what happens... thanks for the replies

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the CEL is gone... i took out the ECU fuse and i started my car again and the CEL went away... thanks alot fellas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts