Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I FIXED MY CAR GUYS THANK YOU FOR UR HELP, I REMOVED THE STRIPPED BOLT AND I SANDWICHD THE GROUND WIRE IN A NEW SPOT AND MY CAR RUNS IM SO HAPPY NOW I DONT HAVE TO BUY THAT BRZ I WAS LOOKING AT EVEN THO I STILL WANT IT :(): THANKS EVERYONE!

when driving my radio and all my gauges will go to zero as if my car was turned off its scaring the chit out of me

This happened right after installing innovative 60a mounts

idk mayne pls chime in i only did my passenger mount :/

Okay ill reword this the right way.

I think its my grounding wire that was on my passengers side motor mount, I replaced the mount with innovative 60A and there isn't a spot built for this mount to go on those so i put it on one of the bolts that hold down the "ABS THING?" One of the bolts that is connected to the car (abs thing to car) SOooo I put the ground on the bolt that connects abs > car, and my car ran but my emergency break light,check engine light, turned on and my radio,all gauges would go down to zero as if the car was dead. I tried to tighten the bolt because i thought it was loose and then my car wouldn't start. I loosened it and my car would start/run but my radio kept dying and kept getting check engine and emergency break lights.

Idk what to do sorry i am so awful at wording these things

pics:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i replaced motor mounts Just with stock ones and I am having a problem with my battery going dead

I guess I will trace all of those wires

I did notice the wiring harness was in the way a lot

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i want to crash my car into a lake so bad I'm pissed

I've been messing with wires can u guys teach me how to not get shocked

·
Registered
162 Posts
That ground has to attach to the engine. You've attached both ends to the chassis, so right now it's doing nothing.

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
mind sending me a pic of where you would put it? i would REALLY appreciate it
First... disconnect the positive cable from the battery before futzing with anything electrical. Then loosen the bolt (indicated in the photo) enough to connect the ground cable end underneath. Tighten bolt and reconnect battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First... disconnect the positive cable from the battery before futzing with anything electrical. Then loosen the bolt (indicated in the photo) enough to connect the ground cable end underneath. Tighten bolt and reconnect battery.
I want to try this but i have one question

how?

the ground wire has a little hole and this guy is huge its to big

edit: probably can't tell from the pics but that bolt is hugeee
):

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
Yeah... the lug on the ground wire isn't going to go over that bolt. I'd place it in between the surface of the mount and the loosened nut. Tighten it down with the round wire connector sandwiched in between the nut and the mount surface. This will give ya an idea if it will solve the problem. Later... you can adapt, cut, or swap out the ground strap for one that will fit a little better. It really doesn't matter which bolt you use. But the big one has more surface area and looks like it would take more torque. Use a little sandpaper on the ground lug (the thing at the end of the ground wire) to clean it up a bit and make a better electrical connection. If you are handy with a soldering iron or welding torch; you could attach it to the mount that way. Not rocket science. But it has to be a solid connection, electrically.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah... the lug on the ground wire isn't going to go over that bolt. I'd place it in between the surface of the mount and the loosened nut. Tighten it down with the round wire connector sandwiched in between the nut and the mount surface. This will give ya an idea if it will solve the problem. Later... you can adapt, cut, or swap out the ground strap for one that will fit a little better. It really doesn't matter which bolt you use. But the big one has more surface area and looks like it would take more torque. Use a little sandpaper on the ground lug (the thing at the end of the ground wire) to clean it up a bit and make a better electrical connection. If you are handy with a soldering iron or welding torch; you could attach it to the mount that way. Not rocket science. But it has to be a solid connection, electrically.
Thanks i understand what u want me to do just one problem...

STRIPPED BOLT!

I tried to do it first thing in the morning and the bolt just keeps spinning and not coming out.

I tried using a screw driver, prying it out, putting pressure on the back and unscrewing, hammering the back, crying,

So upset right now been out there for 2 hours trying

·
Registered
74 Posts
had the same issue, i have the innovative mounts and i attached the ground wire to the timing cover bolt. it's located right next to the mount bracket and underneath the valve cover.

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
There's a number of ways to attach the thing. Check the plumbing and electrical sections of hardware stores to find a grounding device that clamps onto cold water pipes. All you have to do is get the ground wire to 'touch' the bolt. You could use a small vice grip just as a temporary solution.

If the bolt or nut is damaged; you can always get another nut and maybe some washers to torque down on top of the damaged one; using the non damaged threads above the original.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,204 Posts
Thanks i understand what u want me to do just one problem...

STRIPPED BOLT!

I tried to do it first thing in the morning and the bolt just keeps spinning and not coming out.

I tried using a screw driver, prying it out, putting pressure on the back and unscrewing, hammering the back, crying,

So upset right now been out there for 2 hours trying
I haven't fully read this thread but if you're trying to take out the bolt STUD, then... you have you lift the plate off and then it'll come right out. There is a lip in the stud underneath there... The stud is supposed to stay in the block piece, ideally. HTH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts