Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Holy sons of crap...
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I originally made a post about this in my local forums, but I thought I would post some pics here of all the exterior RSX stuff I've been through. Let me know what you guys think...

The first set of pictures is of my car when I was going through a fiberglass phase... which lasted through an INGS and C-West front end with a Mugen CF hood and Henshin X-1 fenders...

Review - Fiberglass is just a pain... to prep it right you will need to spend 10-15 hours per panel fixing cracks, grinding out bubbles, filling them with bondo, and sanding them out... after it's installed it will squeek on the highway, crack with the slightest touch against something, and - even with extreme ammounts of flex agent in the paint - you will still get chips... not to mention that it is heavier than polyurethane. :thumbsdow

·
Holy sons of crap...
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
After I went through enough fiberglass headaches and had sanded my share of bondo and putty, I went back to a stock front bumper and got a full Wings West lip kit in Poly.

I ended up changing my mind after installing the Wings West kit. I only had it on my car for one day and don't have pictures of it installed, but trust me, you don't want to see any. :thumbsdow

Review - It is made out of polyurethane which is light and flexible. With the right mix of paint it will hold up pretty well and be nearly impossible to crack. The rear lip looks OK and resembles the A-Spec optional rear but the front and sides really take some getting used to... if you like how it looks then go for it, but be sure that you want it before you buy it. I changed my mind after one day and it took me almost three months to sell it. :thumbsdow

·
Holy sons of crap...
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Following the Wings West kit I stayed stock for a while. I went with an OEM CF hood and moved the hood pins closer to the center this time. I also swapped my S wing with a replica Type-R (poly).

Review - The OEM CF is a little plainer than the Mugen but it's all your discretion. If you are going with Mugen make sure and pick a quality hood, some have a seperate piece for the upper vent that tends to come loose...

I have had no troubles with my OEM CF yet, and prefer the hood pins to be closer to the center, but everyone is different... most people don't like hood pins at all and if you have a hood latch (which come on the better CF hoods) then pins are not necessary.

·
Holy sons of crap...
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I am planning on staying fiber-free from now on and I recently got A-Spec rims and lips...

Here are some current pictures:

Let me know what you think... positive rep. is appreciated. :wavey:

·
Registered
2003 Acura RSX 5spd
4,010 Posts
mastahvic said:
i think your first set up looked better than the WW setup..just my opinion
:iamwiths:

·
Holy sons of crap...
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I definitely miss the blackouts... hopefully I'll have time this week to do the DIY again.

Thanks for the opinions... +rep to all. :thumbsup:

·
CuJo™
2,273 Posts
enjoirsx said:
I definitely miss the blackouts... hopefully I'll have time this week to do the DIY again.

Thanks for the opinions... +rep to all. :thumbsup:
Why did you get rid of them?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.