Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I've look around and couldn't find nothing PLZ HELP???

Where the oem catalytic converter links up to the mid pipe how did you take it off?
Mines is to rusted to take off

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I try to and it wound budge at all and I don't want to strip it and another thing, is any of it welded on to the cat?!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I heard but I don't want to break it my friend said use a touch too but to break it off but I think it's welded on

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
You couldn't find anything about how to remove rusted bolts that are seized up?

Anyways, use an acetylene torch, that'll do just fine.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
That exact same spring bolt broke the other day on me removing my stock manifold. Use wd40 or something so it doesn't dry up and snap like mine

·
Registered
623 Posts
Wd 40 won't do a thing, use pb blaster as for the rusted bolts it's going to be a bitch when I did mine I swapped out my headers and my cat back and used my cat again.. I pulled my entire system off.. ended up snapping two bolts one at the header and one after the mid pipe.. I waited to separate the cat until I got it off the car.. once I got it off I took a wire wheel on a drill and cleaned up all 3 nuts. I then took a dremal and reshaped the bolts to the point I could stick the next size socket down on them. I used pb blaster finally put my socket on and was able to get the bolts off AND re use them. I ordered new ones that same day and replaced them since. The picture I'm attaching is what my bolts looked like. I never took a picture of what I did after but if yours look as bad as mine don worry just take your time and try to do what i did. If you don't have a dremal try and use a file.

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
The spring bolts are a bitch... I end up snapping one every time.. I bought a shorty header so I didn't mind snapping mine.. I got a whole cat back as well so I was only worried about preserving the cat. Also while your down there get some rubberized undercoating and spray everything down below since you'll have the pipes off. I'd did mine at the same time just make sure to lay down a tarp and wear gloves, glasses, and clothes you don't like :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts