Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i need to instal drl for the "s"....where do i get it, How much is it and has n e one ever done it????....thanx in adv

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Call me stupid, but what is "drl?"

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
daytime running lights?

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
whats the purpose behind day time running lights? why not just turn on your headlamps if you need extra light?

i know people have discussed tail lights that would be on all the time. it was a couple months back i believe. if you run a search, you might find some help! :thumbsup:

edit: are we talking about lights from the headlamps or the interior lights? if youre talking about the interior lights, i take back my first 2 questions :D. but yea, either way, sounds like a cool mod.

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
I dont turn on my headlights during the day i just give it one click. This makes the parking lights turn on. I like the amber "eyebrows" that light up. They are still very noticeable during the day. And you gotta admit, you all those 4 round taillights in the rear. :eek:

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts

·
Rage With the Machines
1,280 Posts
tell you the truth...ide rather have the option of having them on all the time or not.......my opinion.....
its just that i used to have a jetta and it was a pain in the ass for stealth mode....
had to drive with the light switch turned to off and the e brake up one click....
leave it B man.....your not missing much

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i like the "DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS"....i drive w/ my headlights on all the time, i would like to turn on the park lights and have the highbeams come on (with the option of turning them off w/ a toggle switch or something)...i like this look --->
http://www.boomplustoys.net/bptmedia/bptcars/page-2/images/Intega DC5_JPG.jpg ....the only way to get it is to have "DRL" or set it up so that u can have your high beams on w/ the park lights on too...this is just a "daytime feature" as i would call it...at night i wld still be able to have my low beams on w/ my fogs and the high beams wld be off.... thax for the info guyz...so n e one have a clue on how i wld do this

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I had DRL in my car, but I just pulled the fuses to disable it. It is a good safety feature though. Your car is 10X more visible. A lot of studies have been done on this and it has been proven.
I was just sick of always having the DRLs on.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
Gotta turn em off and hide in dark corners when the cops are after you. Fast and the furious style

·
28,750 Posts
DRL is a good safety feature, is mandatory in new cars up here, and instead of just keeping your low-beams on, the DRL's are a dimmer version of high beam.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts