Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping to get some input on my situation. I will be going to a seven month school. my car will be parked outside. (No shade) I will drive it on the weekends and rarely during the weekdays. I plan on getting the folding window screens to protect my leather seats. I'm trying to decide if I should get a car cover for it. My only concern is with the paint in the sun. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
Good call on getting the window screens; get a screen for each glass panel if possible. Definitely consider an outdoor car cover but be sure the car and cover is clean before each use. If you can, you should also consider a canopy or car port to further protect your ride.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good call on getting the window screens; get a screen for each glass panel if possible. Definitely consider an outdoor car cover but be sure the car and cover is clean before each use. If you can, you should also consider a canopy or car port to further protect your ride.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Definitely get a car cover! I have the ultraweave from https://www.calcarcover.com/
I have 5 car covers, and a duster for each car (for a quick wipe down before you put the cover on. It's kept the paint on one of my 10 year old cars looking almost brand new. My only tip, don't have the car cover monogrammed. I made that mistake, and regret it. We monogrammed the covers in hopes of easily differentiating between similarly shaped cars. It helps to identify if you have multiple, but during the rainy season, the water seeps in the area that is monogrammed. It's really not a big deal, since you can easily spot clean. It's just annoying.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Car cover for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts