Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, jus wondering if you guys knew wat material wings are made of. replicas are usually fiberglass. but wat about usdm/jdm are they plastic? a lot of people are arguing that usdm=plastic, but jdm=fiberglass? is there any truth to this? thanks

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Genuine Honda pieces are typically ABS plastic, if I'm not mistaken. Replicas are often fiberglass because it's easier to mold. But it's also heavier and more prone to cracking than ABS. THere are Type R replica's out there that are made of light weight ABS or CF. Personally, I'd avoid anything fiberglass.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so our "authentic jdm" wing is made out of abs plastic? as well as the optional usdm wing? also plastic? thanks for the info

·
Registered
214 Posts
On the subject, Im a total newb to ground effects, lips skirts etc. Ive been looking around and Im confused as to whats the best to get.

Not too concerned with weight, but I am concerned with peeling..especially in a high temperature extremely high humidity and salty climate like I live in. Which is best, urethane, plastic or fiberglass?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i say plastic is best. a lot of different arguments on it. that is wat i prefer. then again "authentic jdm" is not always plastic. wing is not much of a deal because as long as it doesnt warp it should be ok. many say plastic ONLY for front lip, because it takes a beating. also others say paint looks diff on fiber than on plastic. i think theres truth to that too. i vote plastic i guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts