Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum and I will start off with an interesting question. I have a clunk in the front passenger side while turning at low speeds. I have narrowed it down to more than likely being an upper strut bearing worn out. I have the HFP setup in the EP3 which I installed years ago. There is no leakage from the struts anywherer and they appear to be still firm. This has been a DD and it is not raced at all. My question is if the OEM honda top hat and strut upper bearing fit the HFP. I can replace the bearing and will throw in a new top hat for good measure but I want to make sure it is compatible with the HFP setup before I buy parts. DOes anyone know? Since the HFP is no longer sold I just do not know if going OEM for these parts is an option. I have thought about the A-Spec kit but it will be much cheaper to effect a simple repair with low cost replacement parts instead. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi, forum goes pretty quiet at times, and unfortunately I'm not to keen on the setup in question, but have you checked the CV axle on the passenger side? I've not known struts to make noise in slow turns. IMHO sounds like cv. maybe musty will see this thread and chime in?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Yes that was one of the first things I checked, I had replaced that axle when I changed the clutch in late 2013. It is fine with no tears in the boot. The noise is also not the clicking noise during turns that come from axles but a clunk when I turn the wheel in a parking lot, it is likely coil binding. In fact I can snap the springs by hand even with the tires on the ground so I know those springs are not rotating smoothly with the assembly now. I suspect it needs a new upper strut bearing and silicone grease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts