Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Rangers Babyyy!!!!
11,954 Posts
:coffee:

Redouts arent JDM? :laughing:

i hope u taped off your car and covered the areas that were not being sprayed....

otherwise get some claybar out and prepare to do some work :bow:

Looks good tho
check first pic notice its clean around the tailight and check 2nd pic.. you see the roll of tape on the ground :p

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i hope u taped off your car and covered the areas that were not being sprayed....

Looks good tho
haha i had some overspray but i wiped it all off....and then waxed like a day after, no more spray :chuck:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
looks good, + rep

Reactions: uNREAL

·
Official Bitch Slapper
2,321 Posts
looks good, I'm so glad that the 05's+ already come blacked out and redded out. That seems like it would be an unecessary pain in the ass to do something that should have come stock to begin with.

Reactions: uNREAL

·
2,848 Posts
Nice! Did you add a coat of clear or anything to the taillights or just the paint?

Would it be easier to remove the taillights to paint them or to tape off the whole back of the car? Overspray scares me :)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Looks good tho
jus wondering .... i have no idea what claybar does....is it like wax....and are u only supposed to used it to get stuff off....(does it make the paint look better also):pray:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice! Did you add a coat of clear or anything to the taillights or just the paint?

Would it be easier to remove the taillights to paint them or to tape off the whole back of the car? Overspray scares me :)
nope no clear coat....just did like 5 good coats with the paint...its an exact match...yea i only had a little overspray cus it was windy ... but o well...came right off with a wet towel...i did cover up and tape off like the whole rear end tho

·
got swirls?
2,366 Posts
jus wondering .... i have no idea what claybar does....is it like wax....and are u only supposed to used it to get stuff off....(does it make the paint look better also):pray:
it take off the overspray...

btw. nice HID's and redouts :giggitygiggity:

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
check first pic notice its clean around the tailight and check 2nd pic.. you see the roll of tape on the ground :p
tru i didnt really analyze the pic too much...your a good detective

haha i had some overspray but i wiped it all off....and then waxed like a day after, no more spray :chuck:
claybar can be purchased at an automotive store..

it can be used to take off surface contamination AKA dirt, and overspray (contaminents above the clear coat)

a nice clay bar and polish and wax would set you straight :bow:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts