Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the genesis projector headlamps w/ HID kit from them. And I need to know how to mount the ballasts, specifically where and what materials I will need to do it. I am a complete noob to this stuff so the more detail/pics the better.

I know that posts that give detailed instructions and images exist, unfortunately I cannot seem to find them, and anything I did find seemed to be specific to the JDM headlamps, XenonDepot ballasts, etc. and may or may not work.

Any help in this matter is much appreciated
Thanks in advance

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
I think you can mount the ballasts underneath the headlamps. On the usdm headlamps you can see a concentric circle formation under the lamps. For my retroed headlamps, the ballasts were mounted in that place. That's the same spot that the JDM ballasts are mounted. You can drill holes into the headlamps if screw holes are on the ballast.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
you can mount the ballast pretty much anywhere... i zip tied mine to the metal bumper under the headlights, but alot of people screw theirs into the bottom of the headlights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick replies, but can anyone post step-by-step instructions and/or images of the process, or can anyone confirm that there actually is an area in the bottom of the genesis projector headlamps to put the ballast in?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts