Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TiMsDC5
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HID kit from my friend who owns a lexus... and i have the type-s and my bulbs are short while the HID bulbs are long... will they fit on my housings? or would i have to get the HID housings?? i was going to try and work them intoday... but i didn't want to cut wires and blah blah and not have them work??? ne of u guys think u can help me out??? :dontknow:

-TiM :laughing:

·
Elite Member
697 Posts
TiMsDC5 said:
I have an HID kit from my friend who owns a lexus... and i have the type-s and my bulbs are short while the HID bulbs are long... will they fit on my housings? or would i have to get the HID housings?? i was going to try and work them intoday... but i didn't want to cut wires and blah blah and not have them work??? ne of u guys think u can help me out??? :dontknow:

as long as your bulb is H1, then i think it should fit :thumbsup:

·
TiMsDC5
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hurryhurry12345 said:
as long as your bulb is H1, then i think it should fit :thumbsup:
wat bulb is h1... i kno my stock bulbs are h1 but i don't think the hids are h1... i kno about the cutting... but i didn't want to do them today b/c i wasn't sure if they were going to fit...

·
bye RSX, hello TSX
1,111 Posts
Its most likely a D2s or D2r bulb. If the bulb has a ceramic silver lines on the actual glass part of the bulb then it would be a D2r. No silver lines would be D2s. Either way your going to have to mod the bulb and housing to properly accept the bulb and have the arc in the same position as the filament of the H1 bulb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.