Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did my blackouts and my HID's melted my X-clip. Has anybody have this problem with plastic melting anywhere on their system? Well, now I have 1 non-firing capsule cuz the glass got scratched if the process of trying to get it out. Well, looks like I gotta take the car in on monday to replace the bulb (I'll probably go from my 8500K bulbs down to a more realistic 4300 or 5000K bulb). Also with this, it's really making me consider ECE projector retrofits or S2000 retrofits but $800 from Illusion to do it w/ DOT spec projectors.

·
Registered
826 Posts
scratched the bulb?? how did that make ur capsule malfunction?

·
I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS!
20,223 Posts
i cant understand why the clip would melt

the HID bulps put out less heat than halogen bulbs and those xclips are damned hard!

it took me 2 hours each on a hacksaw to cut them

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. Well, I'm happy, kinda. I feel bad that Howard is out of a set of lamps for swap now.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
It sounds like you might have a fryed wire or something. Especially since you have a misfiring capsule, that usually occurs from something electrical. I've had like 4 HID systems in my RSX so I've become sorta an expert on it. Check for any exposed wires as it is not likely the heat output from the bulbs could melt the plastic X clip.

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Acctually, I got it firing again. It get a little tempermental, but it fires. I think it's a loose connection (weather-proof connections tend to be a little more diffucult, and one of them was cliped in, but weatherproof stripping was preventing from compleate connection.

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that coat hanger wire I see?

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Actually its not its .055" music wire which is a spring steel type of wire. Its what the stock clips are made of so when the are bent they flex but hold their shape they were bent to. They are brown because I primed them so it wont rust on me, being that they are bare steel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts