Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. so I have had my Purevisions for about 8 months now... i got in an accident last month, so my hid's had to be reinstalled. The people at the body shop did it for me. The thing is, I don't think they were familar with the install... so right now I dont have modded x-clips and my driver side light sometimes flickers on start up. 90 percent of the time, the lights come on. But occasionally, my driver side light won't turn on. Anyone know what the problem might me? Also, my right light seems to be brighter than my left... slightly. Is it the fuse, ground, etc...? Let me know please, thanks.

How do you check to make sue that the grounding is good?

·
MLG pro
1,369 Posts
could be just about anything. relay, ballast, ground... try switching the ballast to the other side and try that out. just narrow it down until u realize it is something and get back with me...thats what i did.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ok.. so I have had my Purevisions for about 8 months now... i got in an accident last month, so my hid's had to be reinstalled. The people at the body shop did it for me. The thing is, I don't think they were familar with the install... so right now I dont have modded x-clips and my driver side light sometimes flickers on start up. 90 percent of the time, the lights come on. But occasionally, my driver side light won't turn on. Anyone know what the problem might me? Also, my right light seems to be brighter than my left... slightly. Is it the fuse, ground, etc...? Let me know please, thanks.

How do you check to make sue that the grounding is good?
First off, make sure every wire isn't loose..that would explain flickering usually.
As for one being brighter than the other....might have something to do with the ballast.
Also this might sound a bit stupid but make sure that they did not point one of the bulbs more toward the ground and that they are on equal level....since you stated they weren't too familiar with the install....
PM me for more questions.

·
PPG Krew
5,477 Posts
Bad ground would equal one side being dim...but like these guys said it could be a number of things. But that's the easiest way to start..

·
an advanced thanks 4 rep!
2,835 Posts
as mentioned it can be the relay, ballast, ground, ect. you'll figure it out if you mess with the components

i would check the ballast, those tend to go bad from time to time

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
when my bulbs started to flicker my bulb went out. Did they touch the bulb with there bare hands?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts