Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have the Mucculloch <horrible sp> kit at about 4300k (could be 4500) and I've noticed that i've tried to lower my lights as much as possible without breaking them off the clip and I still have a good amount of glare. I haven't received a ticket yet but I get high beamed every once in awhile and I can just see that it's not a clean cutoff. So I know these are my options:

1. Get projector headlights (the angel eyes were crappy last time i checked)
2. Get a retrokit done (which isn't ideal since I'd have to send out my current set of headlights or buy a second set).
3. Take off my front bumper and try to line them up in the headlight again which I'm iffy if it'll work.
4. By a new set of HID's that are of a newer generation and hope that it isn't as bad.
5. Create my own projectors (thats just not going to happen :thumbsdow)

I realize all of these options will cost me either time, money or both. But which one do you think will be the most effective at reducing my glare, and which one do you think is the most effective without spending alot of money???

·
Registered
317 Posts
my suggestion: move to oklahoma where they dont have BS laws like that (we dont even have emissions) and point those mofos straight up and glare everyone to H*** :thumbsup:
naw really, i would say just get a new kit, i have the xenondepot and theyre the shit, so i think that would be your most logical solution

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it could be the way they are in there.
i was looking at my pattern this morning and it looks like my left bulb fell or has fallen from where it was originally and it's color was different. I'll be able to tell better tonight but it doesn't look good. It looks like i'll have to take them out again anyway to fix whatever the problem is :(

and now it's snowing here. Why can't it be warm for 10 minutes to work on my car???

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
You'll never get a good beam pattern using stock housings. I say go for an OEM projector retrofit. You won't regret it.

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats money i dont have and time without my headlights i can't afford :\

it seems that my left bulb has fallen out of place or something. It's aim is low now out of nowhere. If i can't adjust it then it'll be time to take off the front bumper again. It's too damn cold for this shi!.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
i installed mine on thursday...i have jdm's ..the driver side had a nice cut off, but the passenger side didn't, so im working on those now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts