Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you have to open headlights casing to install HIDs....?

like when u open for DIY blackouts.

also...

does anyone know the exact details on hidtech how they have our rsx lights?

they actually sell u the whole light... or they retrofit onto your current lights

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
gavsx said:
do you have to open headlights casing to install HIDs....?

like when u open for DIY blackouts.

no

gavsx said:
does anyone know the exact details on hidtech how they have our rsx lights?

they actually sell u the whole light... or they retrofit onto your current lights
i have not one clue what you are talking about.

·
Registered
154 Posts
HIDtech retro fits projectors into oem housings. You would have to send them your headlights to get the install done. Check out hidforums to learn some more about projectors. I have not seen a RSX headlamp retrofitted with a projector yet.

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
Gdubb said:
HIDtech retro fits projectors into oem housings. You would have to send them your headlights to get the install done. Check out hidforums to learn some more about projectors. I have not seen a RSX headlamp retrofitted with a projector yet.
how much do they charge

·
Registered
154 Posts
shibbism said:
how much do they charge

Im not sure, hidforums.com has some sick installs from people installing these. This is what I was going to do to my 1st gen but I got rid of it. These are BMW Bi-Xenon retrofitted into a CL, done by the owner of this car.

Looks OEM, that shit is sick. If the pics dont show here is a direct link to Acura-cl.com talking about retro fits

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124404

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hid-tech has reasonable prices for what they do, but at the same time i have seen the pics on their website, and the projectors don't look very good. If you have the money, id suggest going to illusion-lighting.com. I am obsessed with the quality of their work. Just take a look at the rsx retrofit and the Honda Accord coupe retrofits. They look amazing.

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
Gdubb said:
I have not seen a RSX headlamp retrofitted with a projector yet.
Check hidtech.com, they have 3 different RSX retrofits done...

Including Bi-Xenons!

I believe this car belongs to someone on this site.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Now thats what Im talking about, that looks kick ass

1 - 12 of 12 Posts