Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a xenondepot 5000k set purchased about more than a year ago. Recently one side does not fire up anymore. I get this strobing effect and it just wont fire up. Ive done some searching and possible solutions could be getting a new relay. I was wondering what kind of relay xenondepot uses. Ive tried contacting steve but no responses from him.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
if one side doesnt come on then i dont think its the relay since the relay controls the power to both of them. It could be the relay, but i doubt it. Try switching bulbs on both sides and see if that does anything, or find someone to swap relays with and test it out

·
type-m?
575 Posts
a few things can causing that "strobing effect." usually it's caused by not enough voltage going to the bulb. Since your lights were working before, I'd assume that the wiring was done correctly which leaves you with bad connections. Re-check your connections and make sure everything is on tight.

If the connections/wiring are still solid, then the next problem will be the ballasts. You can check thing by switching bulbs and ballasts.

Like Kabe, said, it's not your relay.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
ive had the same problem. the drivers side light would flicker on its own then eventually turn on without me even turning the lights on.

my problem was the drivers side. i think it was due to the harness sitting on top of the washer fluid bottle. i believe water on into the connector. this has happened twice. i am on my third harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.